Cellular Trail Camera Recommendations

• Justin Schneider (Woods & Water Insurance)
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

Does anyone have any real world experience with the cellular trail cameras in today’s marketplace? I’m looking to purchase a few but the prices range widely between $200-$500 so I’d like to make sure I know what I’m getting before making the investment. Not looking for picture perfect quality just a halfway decent trigger speed and something that has the ability to still transmit pictures in areas where I have one or two signal bars.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Hipskind
    Participant

I have been using Covert Blackhawks for the last few years and I have been very happy with them. Good cell coverage and great trigger speed.

sktrwx2200
    Participant

The CuddeLink Sysytem works awesome. While Im not running the CuddeLink Cell program, I have 7 cameras that send photos right to my front door and the farthest one is over 2 miles from my house. They work the same only I dont have to pay for any cell phone plan and I dont have great service where I hunt. While I realize not many people hunt right at their house, the situation could work awesome for your spot by sending the photos to a single location like a gate, fence post, or some other easy to access/no disturbance spot where you hunt.

I check it everyday when I get home from work. 1 card check, I checked 7 cameras. I even check before I head out to the stand to see which way big boy might have been headed.. IE if he was traveling North… I dont want to hunt any of my South stands..ect.ect… I set them in July and I dont even touch them for about 3 months. Change batteries in October/November and they run until end of January.

Has been a game changer for me.. I used to spend so much time managing the cameras and driving 4 wheeler in and checking them weekly. Blowing deer out of the fields at times mid afternoon even.

Justin Schneider (Woods & Water Insurance)
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

That Cuddelink system looked ideal but the fact that I primarily hunt different sections of state land wouldn’t not allow me to link the cameras together.

Since I’ve posted this I did pick up a few of the new Moultrie 7000i cameras and they’ve been ok. At 20MP I would have expected better image quality but the trigger speed is decent and they do what they’re designed to do. At $130 after rebate they’re a cheap experiment.

Don Meier
    Participant
    Butternut Wisconsin

How many bars are you getting on your phone ? Where i’m at in Northern Wis i get one bar , i have cell service through Verizon and a iphone. Really want to try the moultrie but questioning weather i will have enough signal to get pics.

Don Meier
    Participant
    Butternut Wisconsin

Thanks for the reply here in N Wisconsin our coverage spotty . We need more cell towers !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.