CBD oil ?

• Neal Keeling
    Participant

I do not have any personal use of the CBD products, but my father does. He has had 8 back surgeries and suffers from arthritis and bone spurs on his spine. He began taking CBD oil about 2 years ago and using the cream. He has tried the bargain oil and has found that it is not of the same quality as the premium. I don’t know if this is just a placebo drug, but I do know it has allowed him to cut back on his pain meds. And I had him out in the boat this summer, the first time in 8 years. Call it snake oil or placebo, I don’t care. If it offers him some relief call it gold.

toothyfish
    Participant

I give the non thc hemp oil to my dog and he sleeps a lot more. It also has melatonin as an ingredient. I think that’s doing something but the hemp oil is snake oil.

You could just buy melatonin for much cheaper and get the exact same results. A lot of the defense of these snake oils(CBD, essential oils, etc) is because people have spent so much on them they don’t want to admit they wasted their money.

Glad we have snake oil experts to clear things up. jester

toothyfish
    Participant

When nothing is scientific, we’re all experts.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Keep in kind that CBD is a FDA approved medication for epileptic seizures. So yes, there is hard scientific evidence it has benefits.

This medication has roughly 10x the concentration of the ones on the OTC market.

So you guys generalizing that CBD is nothing but snake oil are wrong.

Outdraft
    Participant
    Western Wi.

I use CBD oil twice a day,I didn’t notice any immediate change then after a week or so I noticed my grip in my left hand had improved and the movement in my fingers in both hands had improved, I also noticed a lot of my aches and pains were reduced as well as the arthritis in my shoulder. I’m in no way sayin it’s a cure all but for me it definitely helps me.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

It’s funny how a post about CBD draws spam like this.

Two users registered only to post in this topic.

jwellsy
    Participant

I tried all kinds of things to get rid of psoriasis without any improvement, including high dollar inferred and near inferred red light therapy lights. CBD was sort of a last resort to try. I got the best CBD oil capsules I could find, broke open 1 a day and applied it topically. I also got a tanning lotion with CBD oil in it and started doing 2 or 3 tanning sessions a week at my gym. In 3 weeks I could barely see the psoriasis patches, sorta like camouflaged. But, at the end of the 4th week it wasn’t just camouflaged, it was actually gone. Now, I don’t know if it was the CBD or the tanning. But, at this point it doesn’t matter, I’m a happy camper.

ELIZABETH Moncrieff
    Participant

Hi. I just recently joined a Medical Cannibis program run by the Canadian govt. Had to be interviewed by a health professional and then they prescribed. I have anxiety and insomnia. I was on Anti depressants, daytime anxiety pills, and presently weaning off sleeping pills. LOTS OF PILLS! I hate meds. Hence, CBD.

I was prescribed CBD for during the day starting at 5mg in AM and 5mg PM, and the CBD/THC 1:1 at night for sleep. They suggest I see how it works and if it doesn’t do what I want, to increase by 5mg after 3 days, and keep going (every 3 days) until I reach my goal. Well, I’m now on 3mg AM and PM. I don’t find it is helping much. I have one more stab at increasing as the do not recommend going past 40mg in a day. The night time definitely makes me feel very wobbly. It does put me to sleep but I wake up and stay up after, say, 2 hours. I also am weaning off the sleeping pills, so that could have an effect with the doc/thc. I have an appointment with my health professional on Monday to discuss my prescription. As I said, I am not a fan of prescription drugs and thought this would be a more natural approach. I know a lot of people swear by it and am determined to get this on the right track.

I hope you are able to get some relief.

Eric Wilson
    Participant

I believe the OTC is the best version .

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.