Cat Tournament on the Great Red River of the North

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hi Reps of U.S. Catfish Associations and Clubs,

Prairie Shield Fishing Classics Inc., a non-profit organization, is preparing to hold a major Channel Catfish Tournament out of Lockport Manitoba on the Red River on the weekend of July 25th and 26th, 2009. We are hoping that catfish anglers from many states might be interested in coming up to Canada next summer to take part in our inaugural 2 Day Team Tournament. If your club would like to receive our Red River Channel Catfish Classic News Release I’d be more than happy to forward all the information to you so that you can pass it along to your club members and their catfish angling friends.

From 2001 to 2004 Prairie Shield Fishing Classics Inc. held three very successful tournaments out of Cats On The Red Resort in Lockport owned by professional guide and outfitter Stu McKay. Stu and I were co-directors of those tournaments. We once again plan on putting on next year’s event to promote the phenomenal Red River channel catfish fishery and to raise funds for a local charity.

I can be reached by phone in Winnipeg at 1-204-668-5831 or by e-mail at [email protected] . Unfortunately, I don’t have a website at this time.

Ciao,

Dan Sernyk, Events Director of Prairie Shield Fishing Classics

larry_haugh
    Participant
    MN

Interesting…… I’m guessing that you sent an email expressing interest in future info.
    Keep us posted. There might be some that would consider making a trek. (Me)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No Larry…I sent him an email with a link to this post. Along with a note saying that if he registers…he can post the details here….and of course the results when it’s over.

I haven’t been up there for a few years. The cats of the Great Red River have been calling me in my sleep.

Whiskerkev
    Participant
    Madison

minnows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.