King of the Cats 2012

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

I must be a mind reader. I just installed a 52 inch tape on my live box. I always round my fish down to nearest half inch. I missed my first opportunity to set the gas pipe mark for Steve due to a battery issue last weekend.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Sure, Kevin. Another one of those famous lines – “My camera batteries were dead or I would have posted a monster on you.” It is only a fish story without a pic.

clicker

So someone who is against the current money contests is having a money contest? HA! That is funny right there!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Jolly joker. I had a roached battery and spent the day trying to figure out if I had a bad charger as the batteries were new two weeks ago. I didn’t make it out but I am ready now. Let the race begin. You have an advantage over me as I can only fish once a week if I am lucky and I lose those due to weather. I am hearing some reports here of an agressive bite going. Spring time is the best time to get the boys out after some cats so I usually let them do the cranking.

lowblazah
    MN

Quote:

So someone who is against the current money contests is having a money contest? HA! That is funny right there!

I’m pretty sure he is against the transporting them offsite contests…not money contests specifically.

clicker

Quote:

I’m pretty sure he is against the transporting them offsite contests…not money contests specifically.

All boats must be equipped with either a livewell or container that holds at least 25 gallons

of water (aerated preferred).

Aerated preferred? how about mandatory!

Fish MAY be culled, but any Flathead over 36” in length and any Channel over 30” must be

brought back and registered immediately after being caught. If the fish is less than the minimum

register length but appears to be in bad shape, please consider releasing it or bringing it back

immediately to register it. Anglers should use their best judgment and keep the safety of the fish

as their top priority.

fish are transported to the launch to be measured and carried from the boat to the measuring station…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since I don’t have the time or inclination to fish these contests, I pretty much stay out the the chatter in these threads.

However, with every for fun contest or for money contest be it walleye, bass or even cats, there’s always push back from some. That’s the game. It won’t change.

I know there are some that like to tell the world, but in keeping with the philosophy of “fishing should be fun” maybe some things should the discussed in private.

Either way, since this is a tourny/contest thread it’s being moved to the catfish contest forum.

To all that enter, play fair and have fun!

lowblazah
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

All boats must be equipped with either a livewell or container that holds at least 25 gallons
    of water (aerated preferred).

Aerated preferred? how about mandatory!

Fish MAY be culled, but any Flathead over 36” in length and any Channel over 30” must be
    brought back and registered immediately after being caught. If the fish is less than the minimum
    register length but appears to be in bad shape, please consider releasing it or bringing it back
    immediately to register it. Anglers should use their best judgment and keep the safety of the fish
    as their top priority.

fish are transported to the launch to be measured and carried from the boat to the measuring station…

So is that your only gripe? non-mandatory aerators? Am I missing something else?

clicker

I have no gripe about this contest. I hope everyone has fun! I just find a hypocritical guy funny.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.