How good a weekend was it?

• joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

You all are becoming tight lipped! I know you all will snap the pics and post them two weeks late!

I spent the weekend sitting on a previously good spot but I found a bank pole there on the shore and some guys showed up at midnight and went down the bank from me and crawled down the cutbank and sat on the logjamb at midnight. The water is really moving through there and I don’t know that I would do that in the daytime.

A 9 last week and a 7 last Saturday. I heard a bunch were caught on limblines but most not that large due to the local filletage.

What time is the bite? I think my weenie ones were 10:15 and 11.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Small fish on Friday. A rain out that wasn’t on Saturday and a 64 pounder on Sunday.

SOMEONE made a bad choice on Sunday as we had the opportunity to fish and area but didn’t. A 42×27 was taken and released from there as we watched.

I’m not going to mention any names…

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I know you’re funnin but vague information is better to me than none. For instance maybe the bite was at 5am and the limb line guys scored while the R&R guys got skunked.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Our fish on Friday came just at dusk, then it was quiet the rest of the night with a couple of moves.

We had a run on Sunday just prior to dusk, but we didn’t stay out past 10:30.

larry_haugh
    MN

Our bite started late on Friday…. 11:15 the first fish was boated after hitting 5 spots, then the action started going… thank goodness it did for it was a league night and we needed some points on the board.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Our cat league this past Friday probably had it’s best night ever in like 7 years. 20 guys and I think 15 caught at least one flat and 8 fish over 30lbs were boated with couple right at 50.

Put it this way, a 45×29 was only the 3rd biggest of the night, and that fish would be a personal best for a lot of people.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

That certainly sounds like a great night. Thanks for the info. I also totally forgot about your contests.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.