Sturgen Setups

• walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

Quick question for you gentlemen that chase sturgeon. For your guys’ snell or leader do You generally use braid or mono going to the hook? We are heading up there tomm am early, so im pretty excited to try and tangle with some brusiers. Also who uses dead shiners or cut bait at all?

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I use this same setup for all bottom fishing and just adjust the size accordingly.

Have have used mono and braid both for the leader I do not think it matters but for hook I use a 4/0 or bigger circle.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Outdoors, Is that the correct way to use that sinker slip tube? I’ve been using mine the other way, not knowing which way to use it.

Also, I see you leave the tag ends on the swivel. I know that sturgeon don’t care, but I find that I pick up much more debris on the line if they aren’t cut short.

Otherwise thats exactly what I use.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Outdoors, Is that the correct way to use that sinker slip tube? I’ve been using mine the other way, not knowing which way to use it.

Also, I see you leave the tag ends on the swivel. I know that sturgeon don’t care, but I find that I pick up much more debris on the line if they aren’t cut short.

Otherwise thats exactly what I use.

I’ve always used my slide opposite in the picture. I’m thinking it really doesn’t matter if it work for Aaron

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I have done both ways and prefer it used the way in the photo.

Like Brian said “More than one one way to skin a cat”

I have had little problem with debris on my tag ends. On thing that I do is take the little extra plastic piece off.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I set mine up the same way as Aaron, being he’s the one that started me using them.(thanks Aaron!) As for hooks I’ve used 2 to 4 gami circles. 2 or 3 being my prefered.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.