No Hope for Hanson

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please post your sympathy message here for Chris Hanson.

Not only is he stocking up on Wallibe gear, a text message came in about another fish species he’s after.

What happened to the Hanson we all knew and loved???

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I think an intervention may in the works, a lot of people are concerned about Chris’s behavior lately…

A mass text message at 2:30 in the AM over some medium sized ROUGH fish…not good…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s ok guys, let him go. If it is meant to be, he’ll come back.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s easy for YOU to say.

redneck
    Rosemount

Brian,
    Aren’t you the guy that was in the sauger tourney Saturday and aren’t you the one who has several posts in the walleye forum now? I think you might as well come out of the dark and over to the daylight side I think your cattin’ buddies should be taking a closer look at you and leave poor Hanson alone!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ok…I admit to catching them…but I don’t admit to like it!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Brian,
    Aren’t you the guy that was in the sauger tourney Saturday and aren’t you the one who has several posts in the walleye forum now? I think you might as well come out of the dark and over to the daylight side I think your cattin’ buddies should be taking a closer look at you and leave poor Hanson alone!

BK you’re no longer my hero and rolemodel

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What a let down huh Life?

OK Hanson…don’t just post the pic…we want the story too…in this forum.

hanson

Quote:

OK Hanson…don’t just post the pic…we want the story too…in this forum.

I’ll post something in the morning Brian! My back is still hurting from holding my biggest fish of the summer for photos! 32lb Flat was my biggest… not anymore!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm, you catch a 35# crappie? Oh, I just saw your itinerary on your blog. I think I have an idea what it was.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Hanson definatley gets out of his norm once in a while. Aint nothing wrong with that. Brian, wasn’t it you who golfed? But the text was enough to blow me away.

After seeing the picture, I’d be glad too. Way to go bud!

hanson

Well… here she is!

46″-47″ of big toothy Musky! My 1st by the way!

There really isn’t much story behind it. We spent 4 days and nights on Cass Lake trolling cranks at night for ‘eyes, and jigging ‘eyes during the day. The walleye fishing was really pretty good with all sizes caught, from nice eaters to a bunch of mid 20″ fish. I was sick as a dog the entire weekend- watery eyes, runny nose, aches, fever, chills so I really struggled to enjoy myself.

Last night of the trip, I hadn’t caught a stinkin’ fish all night while my partner Jeff Borchardt was putting eyes in the boat left and right, it was his secret Rattlin’ Rogue I guess. Only had 1 lure in the boat like that and it was on his line. We decided to slide deeper and try a couple more trolling passes so I tied up a Firetiger Husky Jerk 14 to get a little more depth on the trolling run. Guess this big girl couldn’t handle that.

Landed her on a St Croix Tidemaster 7′-6″, Garcia 5500 linecounter spooled with 20lb (6lb dia) Spiderwire Stealth. Big props to Dean at Evert’s for hooking me up with this rod, it handled this fish beautifully!!

Got a little exciting when she tarpon tailwalked around the front of the boat a few times.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice healthy and big Ski there! Nice job. I thought you might have been on trip #3, so I was thinking you caught something else.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Brian I believe I witnessed you baiting minnows on your hook and netting Saugers on Saturday on Everets dock

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

WHAT????? He claimed he was fishing for catfish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Come on guys! Telling me that the Saugarama was a catfishing contest was dirty.

Way to go Hanson! THAT beats out golf any day of the week! I’m thinking you’ve had a pretty darn good year going on this year!

My hat’s off!

PS How does ski taste out of cass??

hanson

Quote:

PS How does ski taste out of cass??

Wouldn’t know… she swam away nicely!!

The walleyes on the other hand are Deeeeeee….licious!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m thinking with all the biggies you caught this year you should start a thread…Hanson Outdoors or something.

How many PB’s is that for you this year?

PS I kinda liked it when I was along when you caught your PB flat although that was before your biggun.

hanson

Quote:

This year??

I had to go after some roughies to keep that number looking nice.

15″ Crappie

18″ White Bass

46-47″ Muskie

All I know is it has been a solid summer! Hate to say it but catching that muskie made not catching a flathead cat over 32lbs sort of worth it. If thats what it took to experience that ‘ski, that was fine by me. I caught my 2 largest flatties the first 2 weekends out this year and I was chasing a larger one all summer and never happened. Meanwhile, everyone else I knew was playing photo tag with the same couple fish on the Minnesota. I tried to get in but it was never my night.

Couldn’t break my sturgeon PB this year but that’s alright, got Dan Thiem on a real dandy at 57″ and got my dad on his first couple sumo sturgeonfishes on the Rainy this spring.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m thinking a 32 is pretty darn respectable!

I have to tell you, when I was fishing with Dan in the later flat season, I was telling him that he should give sturgeon a try. Seeing him shake and quiver with flats told me that he would love LS. But he seemed reserved. When he sent me the message about being on the water and the beginning of his day with you…I said to myself…”yup, told ya so!”

Now getting your dad on sturgeon is priceless! I can see it now…he looks at your rod…then looks at the gob of worms and says “we are going to catch WHAT??”

Yup, sure wish my dad was around to make a flat and sturgeon memory. He would never admit liking it…but you know how walleye dads are.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

_+88_____________________________
    _+880____________________________
    _++88____________________________
    _++88____________________________
    __+880_________________________++
    __+888________________________+88
    __++880______________________+88_
    __++888_____+++88__________+++8__
    __++8888__+++8880++88____+++88___
    __+++8888+++8880++8888__++888____
    ___++888++8888+++888888++888_____
    ___++88++8888++8888888++888______
    ___++++++888888888888888888______
    ____++++++88888888888888888______
    ____++++++++000888888888888______
    _____+++++++000088888888888______
    ______+++++++00088888888888______
    _______+++++++088888888888_______
    _______+++++++088888888888_______
    ________+++++++8888888888________
    ________++++++0088888888_________
    ________+++++0008888888__________
    ________……………8888888__________

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Please tell me you copy ans pasted that from a site.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

No I have way to much time!

And I’m not that talented either!

hanson

Quote:

Add 1 more Brian.

28″ Walleye pushing the scale to 9 1/2 lbs!

I can’t break that 10lb mark and have a hard time catching anything over 28″. I’ve caught a handful of 28 inchers, this one is definitely the fattest though!

Limit Creek rod worked the magic!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dang! Were you using bullheads!??

You’ve had an outstanding fall to top off a great summer. I would say that I’m jealous…but I would never admit to that!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Dang! Were you using bullheads!??

You’ve had an outstanding fall to top off a great summer. I would say that I’m jealous…but I would never admit to that!

I’ll give him the outstanding Fall!!! But the great summer?!?!? …….well maybe that night we put the smackdown on the Flatties and tonic.
    Hey Hanson, I’m looking forward to leagueing and contesting with you next season.

Nice Eye by the way Mate!

hanson

Quote:

But the great summer?!?!? …….well maybe that night we put the smackdown on the Flatties and tonic.

Oh boy… that was a fun night!! We fished from 7pm probably well into dark and didn’t get on the pattern until 1:30am-2:00am in the morning. Once we were in the groove, it was full steam ahead until 6:30am or so. Can’t remember how many flatties we got between 2 & 6 but I know I had a a couple over 20lb.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

But the great summer?!?!? …….well maybe that night we put the smackdown on the Flatties and tonic.

Oh boy… that was a fun night!! We fished from 7pm probably well into dark and didn’t get on the pattern until 1:30am-2:00am in the morning. Once we were in the groove, it was full steam ahead until 6:30am or so. Can’t remember how many flatties we got between 2 & 6 but I know I had a a couple over 20lb.

That night falls into one of the top nights of the season for quantity and quality. You called it right! The bite started late….. really late…or early… in the AM… but once it got going it was a good night to remember….
    As I recall this trip was my first Flat caught in the early am… when the sun was rising…. and it was my big one of the day…… OHHHH can’t wait till next spring!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

That sure is a funny looking Catfish Where the hell are the wiskers

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Looks like you had a very good fall Chris. I didn’t do much fall fishig since I have had a bad shoulder and neck. But I’m looking forward to hocking up with you next spring on the mighty RED

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.