VERMILLION RIVER CATS??????

• mnwalleyeangler
    Participant

Ive been down on the vermillion fishing lateley and have been catching alot of channel cats.i have one question i know it dumps into the mississippi but are there many flatheads in there. ive had a couple fish completely straighten out hooks. ive been catching cats around 10 lbs and havent had them break line or straighten them out so it just has me thinking if there is many flats in there!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

In a nutshell, yes!

But don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret.

mnwalleyeangler
    Participant

Quote:

In a nutshell, yes!

But don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret.

\

my lips are shut and im throwing away the key…. thanks bk!!! just one more question? will they hit cut suckers?

outdoors4life
    Participant
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

ive had a couple fish completely straighten out hooks. ive been catching cats around 10 lbs and havent had them break line or straighten them out so it just has me thinking if there is many flats in there!!!

SOunds like you need to loosen your drag or get some new hooks! What hooks are you using? Bowfin can be hell on hooks also.

perch_44
    Participant
    One step ahead of the Warden.

probably just dogfish or turtles. i wouldn’t waste your time looking for flatheads in there…

mnwalleyeangler
    Participant

im not targeting flats i was just wondering if there was numbers of them in there!!!

im using 3/0 L091 eagle claw bass hooks and 3/0 circle hooks!

i have got 2 big snappers from down there but i got both of them in on the same kind of hooks with no problems and drag at the level it was when i bent my hooks!!!! idk ii might just start using all circles!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.