Bullheads

• stillwaiting
    Participant
    rochester mn

What do you guys think the best way to hook bullheads or creek chubs when fishing for flat heads ? have been hooking them in the back but they dont seem to stay alive to long. thanks for any help .

stuart
    Participant
    Mn.

More towards the tail,with your hook at an angle so as not to hook back into the bullhead when you set the hook.By tail hooking you force the bullhead to struggle constantly,its swims up till its tired then falls back,rests and struggles back up off of bottom,calling in the hungry cats.

katmando
    Participant
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Quote:

More towards the tail,with your hook at an angle so as not to hook back into the bullhead when you set the hook.By tail hooking you force the bullhead to struggle constantly,its swims up till its tired then falls back,rests and struggles back up off of bottom,calling in the hungry cats.

THIS. i dont know where you gettin your bullheads at but i know i can put a huge gash in the back of em use em for 3 hours in the water then stick em back in a bucket and use em 3 days later. i dunno maybe where i get mine there on steroids or somethin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.