Is This Crazy?

• Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I had read that a small rag soaked in Wd-40 is a catfish bait, is this true?

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I wouldn’t be surprised.. a channle catfish is a opportunistic feeder,,,, I have seen them bite on clams, hamburger, fruit, bugs, pickled herring, and even ivory soap!!!!! so a wd-40 rag doesn’t surprise me to much…..

CroixRiverRat
    n. st. paul,mn

WD-40 contains anise which is main ingredient in many bottled fishing scents. I assume this is what they may like, but with catfish you never really know. Maybe they their fashion hounds and like the feel of cotton?FISH ON!!!!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Never heard of fruit or WD-40 before, but like was said, nothing really surprises me. River cats especially seem to eat just about anything. Where a fish would get a taste for chicken guts is beyond me.

I was fishing for walleyes up around chisago lakes last weekend and caught a 3 pound bullhead using a fathead minnow. There’s a first time for everything.

BlackCat
    St. Paul, MN

Not crazy……WD-40 is an attractant for catfish. I’ve seen it work…..but it does pollute the river to a certain extent (of course i dare not eat out of the river here anyway). I never heard of it being used on a rag, but i know people that spray it on their bait.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Big D, are you just looking for something to do with the rags in the glove compartment of your boat? Trust me, it makes great aftershave too!

Tuck

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Tuck, this was brought to my ear buy someone who doesnt believe in milk runs. Spends most of the time standing on a dock by the river in Cold Spring smoking cigars and catching rays. But never seems to tan, atleast that i can see.

D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.