The wife maybe hanging up the no rolls…

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

As if being married to you isn’t enough for the poor women she has to put up with snakes also. If she ever finds out you have that map with “known snake locations” you will be a dead man. To reassure her let her know that snakes can’t slither up the smooth skin of that new Skeeter you have. waytogo

On a side note it is fun to see some of the old names from years back. Wish some of those folks still posted here.

monkeymaster

Does your wife know about lampreys ?
    I caught a 8 pound long nose gar that had 3 of them attached to it in pool 11.
    They were only about 3 inches long, but the pictures I took of them, we’re enough to freak my significant other out.
    She WENT total Scittzo when she Googled fresh water lamprey, chestnut lamprey are what we think they were.
    Sooo, depending on if you want your lady friend to go, or not to go, you could, or could not,just mention lampreys and Google them.
    Good luck

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

It obvious Brian that the fine lady has not been in the boat when an eel has been caught. Eels trump any snake.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Fishing P3 with Fav Daughter on night many moons ago. She asks me, what are the fish we catch in the river?
    I went through the list of
    White Bass/sheeps head
    Sunnies/crappies
    Carp/Buffalo
    Flats/channels
    Northern/walleyes
    Shovel/Lake Sturgeon
    Dog fish/mud puppies…and then I came to the North American Eel.

I said I personally haven’t had one in the boat and they are normally caught on the St Croix by sturgeon fishermen. I explained from what I’ve heard once in the boat they want to get out and they may slither towards a person looking like they want to bite you but they’re actually looking for and exit.

No more then 15 minutes later she pulled a 1.5 footer to the boat! When I told her what it was, she threw the rod at me and was at the 18′ mark in my 17′ boat!

What were the chances??!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

At first she was the #1 wife.
    Then I switched it up to Favorite #1 wife.

Then I realized that would mean there could be more than one as you pointed out Julie. So I just shortened it to Favorite Wife or FW.

And you just have to trust me on this, there is only one FW. ;)

buschman
    Pool 2

I run across a few people that have this same fear of these snakes.. It is funny. I think driving to work in the morning is a heck of a lot scarier than any snake down there on the river but to each their own. haha..
    At the Lions Levee launch on P2 there is a stump in the bank on the down stream side of the launch. This seems to be one of their favorite little hangouts and they like to sun themselves on the dock. I have watch people walk right by that snake (within 5 ft) not even knowing it was there and then explain to me how they will freak if we see a snake. I have learned to keep these details to myself now. But get to chuckle a few times every year when this happens.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So true Joe! As long as I don’t see it or if someone tells me it’s there I’m good. Let me see it first and I’ll jump out of my skin!

Just last weekend Ol Cattin Addict stopped by the camper at Island Campground for the first time. I was in the camper talking to RRR and the FW goes outside to greet them.

Sean says to the FW “very nice campground. I see it comes with it’s own snakes” as be pointed to just behind the FW! I wasn’t out there but Sean said he felt a little bad after that.

Of course I was accused of putting Sean up to it. shock

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

This guy (probally a gal actually) rolled up to my door just this spring. I hate snakes. The hairs on my back stood up for a while and it gave me the creeps. I believe it’s a bull snake. I also turn them up while mowing now, mainly garters but 2-5 of them every time. I share the same unexplained fear as you BK.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0438.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.