Catfish Rash – There Will Be Blood

• FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Let’s see the damage them catfish do to your hands!

Cred to anyone who’s got rash above their wrists lol

Tip: When a catfish rips you up, rub the wound on the catfish’s belly and get the wound slimy. Knocks down the pain and results in fast healing!

I for one love the catfish jaw’s force on your fingers. Never ceases to amaze.

Noodler arms welcome shock

Attachments:
    1. 20210515_095656-scaled.jpg

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Could not find the picture but i got some Rash from one each of the last 2 summers. Same lake. Not a know catfish lake but the ones they have in there are rather large. I seem to hook into a few each season while fishing bass. They are a great fight.

Attachments:
    1. Catfish-1.jpeg

2. Catfish-2.jpeg

3. Catfish-3.jpg

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

I remember a few guys i used to work with wouldnt even ask on monday mornings if we caught anything they would just look at my hands and arms.

Alagnak Pete
    Participant
    Lakeville

I got stuck with a guy in my boat on a catfish league night back in the day. Even if the fish was hooked in the corner of the mouth you’d catch him fist f’ing the face off a flathead just to brag to his buddies the next day of the bigs ones he caught and show off ‘the rash’. What an idiot. Some people fish for fish, some people fish for #attention.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

Some people fish for fish, some people fish for #attention.

Ain’t that the truth… Although some do it for both, which is more forgivable, but still cringe. But the most cringe is when people literally create a post and start off by asking “who else *blah blah blah*?” or some other BS all-inclusive rambling just to open the gate for their own bragging. They usually don’t even care to hear others’ input, as long as they get their message out. It may not always be obvious to some, but I refer to this as “humble-bragging.” You’ll see it plenty if you can stand to hang out on Facebook, etc. And that’s the reason I pretty much got rid of all social media. IDO is really my only current vice, lol.

Mr. Fishblood, this is not pointed at you, personally. Just a rant. You and Mr. Klawitter should compare catfish scars. Although his hands might be a little soft nowadays… whistling

LabDaddy1
    Participant

Also, what’s up with this belly slime salve? Sounds like a great tip and I’m curious about the science of it… Hey google!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Big or small, if they swim and don’t have scales i lip them all. toast

A little cat rash has never concerned me. Like i said, i do enjoy feeling the power of their jaws.

I thought it would be a fun thread.
    Rather than create a show me your fish pictures thread.
    Guess not.

I had rash on 4 of my fingers from a week ago, they never hurt once after the initial belly slime salve….Scabs gone on all but the thumb as of today.

Carry on.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I thought it would be a fun thread.
    Rather than create a show me your fish pictures thread.
    Guess not.

I assume this is directed at my reply to your post. I’m sorry if you think my pictures hijacked your post. If someone can tell me how to edit or remove my reply I will happily remove them. I could not find the picture I had of the rash I got from grabbing once of the few catfish I’ve caught to post so since I thought they were such cool looking fish I just posted the fish pictures. So once again I’m sorry if I offended you.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

If you asked me if I ever had bass thumb I would never admit it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.