Catching Slab Crappie Through One Hole (Important Announcement) – IDO TV S17 E13

• Kyle
    Keymaster
    Woodbury

Season 17 Episode 13 is NOW LIVE!

There are days on the ice when you can do no wrong and on this day in Otter Tail County the bite was phenomenal! In-Depth Outdoors Host James Holst, Pj Vick and Konnor Kleist passed the rods back & forth with each other while catching SLAB crappies out of the same ice hole with no bait.

**Important Announcement At The End**

Watch The Episode:

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Great run James and crew! I think you guys achieved what you set out to accomplish. Good luck on your next adventure.

-J.

Jonesy

Amy hints what the next adventure is?

Does that change anything as far as this website or apparel?

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

this stinks…I always looked forward to 8 am.m. to watch the shows….my question is…why was that big building put up if you guys knew that you were going to cancel the show? sad

Ryan Schwartz

this stinks…I always looked forward to 8 am.m. to watch the shows….my question is…why was that big building put up if you guys knew that you were going to cancel the show? sad

The building is a production studio. It sounds like there are new opportunities for James’ production company, so they’re not just shutting everything down.

The announcement was a shocker, but in a way, I get it. There’s only show many ways you can present a show before it starts to feel the same week after week. I have a hard time watching anything on YouTube with live imaging, it makes fishing feel so sterile and formulaic.

AK Guy

What a great run. The fishing hall of fame is in your future.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Congratulations Young Man!
    I wish you well in all your future endeavors.

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

I wonder if this website is going away also

sdslim

There has to be more to this story. Jim usually did 26 shows a year. They are only on 13 for this year. I heard him say they were going to only ice fishing shows next year —— but to cancel so abruptly?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I thought James was announcing that this show was the last of the season. Surprised when he said ever. Never missed a show, well, if I did I dvr’d it. Best of luck for you in the future. Learned a lot over the years.

Konnor’s great lines in todays episode: “Jigging it in the fish’s mouth” and “Set the hook, James!!” lol We’ve all done that James, and like you said at least you caught the fish. Many times I don’t.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I wonder if this website is going away also

I don’t even want to think about that. bawling

LabDaddy1

Why would the website also go away? If anything maybe there’d be a name change and format/design changes?

tim hurley

BTW_ I know what lake they were on.

tim hurley

It is a cool one to know because unlike most crappie lakes it has size AND numbers, i guess it does not have the big population swings that a lot of crappie lakes are known for, also if you get bored with crappies you can also get walleyes fairly easily too. I guess Mr. Genz fishes there alot too. Slot for Walter is pretty tight I will say that.

tim hurley

‘nice?’ but no one has pmed me to ask the name of the lake? Dissapointing, can’t someone humor me?:???:

MNdrifter

I have a hard time watching anything on YouTube

I have a feeling you are going to be disappointed with the future of IDO. I watch all the crap my kids watch on YT. And it looks like those creators make some really good money even without sponsors! I’m betting they will be YouTube exclusive by years end!

tim hurley

Lots of crap on YT? Sure, is their lots of crap on TV? no sponsors? Will you miss the ads? What is the easiest set line contraption? If James knows its the FFooler
    you will se him use that if he does not have a sponsors (not saying he has that opinion). Think you have lots of freedom on YT, with that freedom James & crew could do more great work. All the best JH, your gut hasn’t failed you yet.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

‘nice?’ but no one has pmed me to ask the name of the lake? Dissapointing, can’t someone humor me?:???:

Come on Tim, lol nice was the humor. Nobody wants your spots. There are tons of big crappie lakes in our area. And within a hour to 2 from home. Just have to figure out to to target them with a flasher

tim hurley

Ooookay, most lakes have big cycles, this one is consistent, many many are either numbers Or size, this has both, this is probably Dave Genz’s favorite lake, and the favorite large crappie lake of Konner. The lake also has good numbers of Walleyes; part of the cycle other lakes have is the crappie & walleye numbers trade off, this one is consistently good for both. True central Mn. is blessed with many great crappie lakes, but you have no idea how many PMs I’ve gotten about this! (ok, only 2) And where is my headlamp! grin

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Alex Ill take “What is Big Pine near Perham” for $500

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ooookay, most lakes have big cycles, this one is consistent, many many are either numbers Or size, this has both, this is probably Dave Genz’s favorite lake, and the favorite large crappie lake of Konner. The lake also has good numbers of Walleyes; part of the cycle other lakes have is the crappie & walleye numbers trade off, this one is consistently good for both. True central Mn. is blessed with many great crappie lakes, but you have no idea how many PMs I’ve gotten about this! (ok, only 2) And where is my headlamp! grin

Are you trying to get people to ask you or what is your point. I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m awfully confused on the point you are trying to make. I could care less what lake it is hence the reason I haven’t sent any form of a message.

tim hurley

Think you might be takin’ my posts too seriously Bear. Know that if you see:
    grin 0r cool 0r toast or even moon I might be goofin a bit. That said do not remember the IDO crew naming Big Pine so I did not want to broadcast it. Have a good dat laugh

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.