Who is going to Petenwell this weekend?

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

It’s friday, work is done for the week and I’m fired up about hitting Petenwell this weekend. I will be on the east side saturday and not sure where I will be on sunday. Just curious who all from ido will be there this weekend. My main focus will be crappies with the jig stick but I will also have two tip ups out for eyes. Good luck this weekend fellow anglers!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I’ll be out with old cranky gut. He wants to chase Crappies, but I think I have him talked into looking for eyes.

krog03
    warrens wi.

i will be out
    both sat and sunday. will be on west side chasing eyes!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Stupid walleyes

I have catfish fever

The crappies are too easy

Targa maybe leave out 1 tip up and put in a deadstick next to you while your jigging

krog03
    warrens wi.

Gutone. u going over this weekend? have never fished for crappies there on hard water? if walleyes dont pan out mabey ill try them. anyway u could point me in the right direction?

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Would love to join you IDOers out there this weekend, meet a few more of you, chew the fat, catch some slabs, and down some bottle bass, but not in the cards….darn! gonna have to live off the stories. Who’s bringing the cooler?

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Gutone. u going over this weekend? have never fished for crappies there on hard water? if walleyes dont pan out mabey ill try them. anyway u could point me in the right direction?

Yep will be there Sat

I got out voted for fishing for crappies

Do you have a GPS and lakemaster chip?????? (worth there weight in gold btw) deep water and sharp breaks ussally lead to crappies

Edit votes recounted crappie spot wins

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

I see super windy for Sunday

krog03
    warrens wi.

yes i have a gps and the chip. where have u been going on at? i will either go on at wilderness or long view. i appreciate your help and enjoy reading your posts.

Bowjunkie

Not this weekend. Got a three dayer next weekend. There will be a group of eight of us on the west side, probably start in the 10th st. area. If your out next weekend stop by and say high. Might even be a barley pop or two floating around Good luck this weekend.

Bryce

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Thanks for the advice about a dead stick gut but I have a rather small shack and need two holes, one for jigging and one for flasher. With the heater and all the other good stuff that does not leave room for a deadstick. Trust me if I had something bigger than a clam one man I would have another line in the water in the shack. I like chasing tip ups anyway. The end…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

You don’t put you’re flasher down the jigging hole? I usually put the transducer right down there.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

With a six inch hole I prefer not to. I’ve lost some nice fish by either getting line wrapped in the ducer cord or not getting the ducer out of the whole quick enough. It might seem strange but that’s just the way I do it.

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Yep will be there Sat
    I got out voted for fishing for crappies

Do you have a GPS and lakemaster chip?????? (worth there weight in gold btw) deep water and sharp breaks ussally lead to crappies

Edit votes recounted crappie spot wins

Good walleye fisherman can catch crappies and walleyes out of the same hole. Maybe even a cat or two.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Anyone interested in meeting up next Sunday? the boys and I are heading over

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Good walleye fisherman can catch crappies and walleyes out of the same hole. Maybe even a cat or two.

You’re talking to the catfish king. I had about a dozen of the slimers last time I was there.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.