Nekoosa – Necedah are bite this last week

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Pretty much the bulk of the active catching is on finger bays off the channels right now… with the exception of a reasonably good Catfish bite on tip-ups a long ways out in front of Lures on Petenwell. The finger bays with running water very near by are giving up an almost endless supply of northern on both tip-ups and with jigging spoons and a few nice crappie too, but even that bite froze up a little in the last two days. My largest walleye this week was 24 incher on a tip-up.( one day they would like emerald shinners the next day flatheads) As usual only kept a couple of fish all week to eat, although I have to be honest I’m gonna start keeping a few meals a week… cause I’m getting sick of almost all the fisherman around me taking fish home to eat everyday and me not.

Many many flags this week where both walleye and northern would inhale the bait and just sit there.. only to be caught when the tip-up was checked for free movement and about to have the bait checked.. I actually played with one.. I moved the spinner about a fourth turn to make sure it was spinning freely.. the northern moved it about a 4th turn, and on and on for about two minutes.. what a hoot.. the first time it did it made me jump.. but from then on it was kind of hilarious… at first I thought we might have some really stiff spinners causing the fish to not pull out line… but a quick check with neighbors found everyone seeing the same thing.

Oh well Back home for a full week and a half of fishin & guiding on the Mississippi.. I will try to report every day starting Wednesday.

One last comment a guide customer for this upcoming weekend was a t a fisheree this last weekend and his buddy won the thing, because he was the only one in the whole deal that caught a fish…. so I guess the lockjaw thing is almost universal as there cold fronts slam in one after another..

But I guess I should have concentrated on crappies based on another post???

———————

Lawrence & Brian Ecklor

“It’s all about time on the water ,but in fishing, words are words, explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.