Nekoosa

• Bob Schultz
    Participant
    Wausau,Wi

Hit the river, from shore, this afternoon below the Nekoosa dam. Picked up a limit of eaters. 16-17 inch males. They are starting to milk slightly. Caught probably a dozen. Most on 1/4 oz. blades. No dominate color. They were thumping in pretty good on the drop. Saw a couple guys taking pictures of a few slot fish, but none for me.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Thanks for the info, heading there on friday.

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Congrats bearplotts!!!! Got a buddy who wants to fish Bean’s Eddy this weekend!!!

Mark

Bob Schultz
    Participant
    Wausau,Wi

Much tougher bite today. In 5 hours my brother and I scratched out about 8 fish, with only one being over 15.

Bob Schultz
    Participant
    Wausau,Wi

Mark,

I should try that stretch of river some time. I live 10 miles from it and always go south of it to Dubay or further or west to the mighty Miss.

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I’ll let ya know, he went down this a.m.

Mark

Bob Schultz
    Participant
    Wausau,Wi

How did you do targa? I tried again this afternoon, the 25th. Caught 3 crappies up in some downed trees along shore and one small walleye. Didn’t see anybody else doing much either. Anything to report from the Beans Eddy area Mark?

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

bearplotts:

Lots of small fish… they fished early til about noon, I don’t think they had a keeper. Jig and minnow.

Mark

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Ended up going to pool 8 instead. Might head to Nekoosa this week if the wind ever dies down.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.