Castle Danger

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just putting this out there that the Lager Royale is excellent, if you’ve not had it yet. toast

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

You don’t hear about it much, but it is pretty good!

Erik Swenson
    Participant

Yah, lindy. That whole variety pack is tops on my list, but the Lager stands out for sure. Yummy. toast toast

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I’ll add it to the list, I’m a big fan of their Cream Ale and it is available at a surprising amount of restaurants in the metro.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

We do alot of work at the brewery so we get lots of free beer. The creme ale is also delicious

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I like the Cream Ale too. Just had the Lager Royale recently and really liked it for a “lighter” beer. I’m a mich golden guy when it comes to light beers but this is a great alternative when I want some more flavor. Great finish.

Coletrain27
    Participant

they make some good beer. not cheap but its good to buy a 6 pack every once in a while

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

It time of year I like the George Hunter.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

Would you far north east guys drive over to Bent Paddle and get them to get their Classic cream ale back on the shelves? Great beer, zero in Brainerd stores. Castle D is great too, my second favorite.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I like their beers. Nothing too flashy, just quality beer that’s easy to drink. Their cream ale is a Winter staple here in the fridge or on the ice. 3 years ago a buddy paid the manager at the Sportsman $200 to bring the last 2/3 of their keg to our cabin. We drank the entire thing without dealing with the obnoxious drunks at the bar and watched some college football while eating fresh fish. Great time

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I agree. Im a Busch Light guy, but the Cream Ale is tasty.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

The seasonal 12 pack has Dark Chocolate George Hunter Stout and Solstice Saison. New favorites for me!

Justin Donson
    Participant

Love castle danger beer!

I am a huge fan of their Aurora Haze Hazy IPA, and I love that they sell six packs for about $10-11. Beats the 4 packs for $16 that is so common nowadays :(.

I’ll have to try some of their stouts this winter, haven’t been disappointed by any of their beers yet.

B-man
    Participant

My lame claim to fame with Castle Danger beer:

Hank and Ben’s daycare lady (our next door neighbor) watched the owners of Castle Danger Brewery when they were little too mrgreen

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

I’m a big castle danger fan. if I order a tap beer anywhere in the Duluth area, 90% of the time it is a Cream Ale.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Local store down the road has it on sale for $14.96 a 12 pack. Picked up a cream ale and aurora

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Castle Danger makes great beer. Lots of unique ones too. Fun place to visit also.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Castle Danger makes great beer. Lots of unique ones too. Fun place to visit also.

It’s a very cool taproom and location for sure. If you’re ever there, order some pizza from the local pizza place in town and they will deliver to the taproom. It’s some of the best pizza I’ve ever had.

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

Due North Pizza. Spendy but a good pie.

weedis
    Participant
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Yup, cream ale is delicious, get it often. Will have to try the lager out. Maybe tonight as I get ready for the 100 or so people coming to our house tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Brad Dimond
    Participant

Retired, only available on tap was Gentleman George Hunter Stout, barrel aged in bourbon barrels. Outstanding but it was a meal in a glass. Could not drink a second.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Retired, only available on tap was Gentleman George Hunter Stout, barrel aged in bourbon barrels. Outstanding but it was a meal in a glass. Could not drink a second.

They sell that in cans now at the store

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

i bought the variety pack for hunting opener…great stuff across the board and that Lager Royale stood out as absolute tops.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

I’m old and IBU(hops) kills me. That’s why I like the cream ales. They’re usually under or around 30.

dirtywater
    Participant

I had a glass of CD Orange Cream ale this fall that was delicious, limited run on tap only. I typically do not go for any weird “flavors” in my beer. Fruit, coffee, chocolate, bourbon, etc. I like all those things, just not usually in my beer. This was very subtle and in my opinion, better than the standard Cream Ale.

My favorite CD is the White Pine Project IPA, and their fresh hop Mosaic IPA is delicious as well. But I’m a bigger fan of Bent Paddle than Castle Danger in general. This time of year I like to get into brown and black ales with maltier flavor profiles — Bent Paddle Black Ale is a perfect winter beer.

Justin Donson
    Participant

I had a glass of CD Orange Cream ale this fall that was delicious, limited run on tap only. I typically do not go for any weird “flavors” in my beer. Fruit, coffee, chocolate, bourbon, etc. I like all those things, just not usually in my beer. This was very subtle and in my opinion, better than the standard Cream Ale.

My favorite CD is the White Pine Project IPA, and their fresh hop Mosaic IPA is delicious as well. But I’m a bigger fan of Bent Paddle than Castle Danger in general. This time of year I like to get into brown and black ales with maltier flavor profiles — Bent Paddle Black Ale is a perfect winter beer.

I don’t normally like coffee beers, but the Bent Paddle Cold Press Black is a great ‘1st beer of the day’ while out ice fishing!

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I just found a 6-pack!!!! Lager Royal. Total wines in Woodbury in the cooler. Cant wait to try it tonight. I’m a little disappointed by its low ABV of 4.5 though.

Coletrain27
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    They sell that in cans now at the store

Thanks, I’ll be looking for it.

I saw it in a variety pack on the shelf the other day

Deuces
    Participant

You fellas and all this talk of fine(expensive) beers made me branch off from my delicious Busch lattes monday evening, decided to indulge in some farm girl, that was freaking good.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.