Cass Lake Report 05/18 – 05/22

• mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Spent five days fishing the Cass Lake chain (Cass, Andrusia and Kitchi). This is an annual trip that for my brother and I that in the past has included weather ranging from 25-85 degrees, wind to no wind. The first three days of our trip this year we were greeted with great weather, light breeze each day and temps ranging from 50-75 – GREAT FISHING WEATHER.

Right now you’ll find surface water temps from 57-62. The water was warmer through Friday and the cooled over the weekend again with the rain we received. The lake is up about 1-2 feet higher than last year and the flow from the Mississippi and Turtle Rivers is much higher than the last several years, perhaps as high as we have seen it in the last 12 years or so.

We found fish in the rivers, on mid lake humps and out on the main lake breaks. Fish ranging in size from 10-21 inches were caught in all these locations. Right now the typical shiner bite is pretty hot, but several limits were brought into the resort where we were staying on leeches also. Don’t be afraid to pull cranks already on the main lake, we found fish in 15-25 FOW trolling.

Good luck fishing!

yooper2
    SW Wisconsin

Great report. I will be there next week chasing walleyes and hoping the wind doesn’t blow. Did you guys run into any perch?

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Hey Mike thanks again for taking me out sunday morn. we have fished only a few hours the last two days because the weather wasnt up to par for out lady freinds……. but we dod get a few eyes and a nice mess of perch out on the main lake on shiners and then me and josh caught 7 nice eyes last night in andrusia on shiners. hopefully we can get out on the lake again today and get into them perch we found. thanks again mike!

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Thanks for the reports. We will be heading there Saturday for the week.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.