Cascade

• prieser
    Participant
    Byron, MN

Hey everyone, been a long time since I’ve posted…I wanted to take my kid out to Cascade tomorrow afternoon. Is it basically a big bowl or should I be keying in at a certain range/distance from shore. Not targeting any particular species, just looking to keep him occupied.

Thanks in advance.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

the lower lake by the lot has zero structure that I could find so yes, just a big flat. they plowed the berm to the east lake couple years ago and combined the 2. i have only explored it a couple times but it gets pretty deep towards 14. im thinking of exploring it a bit sunday? let me know how it goes if you find some decent spots. i am always curious how that east lake lays out. i thought about buying a kayak and autocharting that lake so i have an idea where to try. good luck

Brad Hak
    Participant

The new lake to the east is a pretty serious bowl once it drops off the beach… about 40 feet of water for the most part

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

The new lake to the east is a pretty serious bowl once it drops off the beach… about 40 feet of water for the most part

How do you access it? I thought about pulling around the fence but man that seemed like a lot of work. Ended up in the west lake and about died pulling my gear back to the Mayo lot after the snow storm. I did whack about 40 fish, mostly crappies but man they are skinny. I should have just went around the fence! There was a narrow path as you go into that new park but I see they got that blocked off. They sure are making it hard to get out there. Should just drive my truck out next time and see if I get any grief!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.