Carbon washer for Daiwa qr750?

• acarroline

Anyone know where you can buy carbon washers for the drag on a Daiwa qr750? I’ve done this upgrade to my sienna’s and would like to on the daiwa’s. Can’t find much via google.

mojo

If there is a set available, the people at Smoothdrag will help you find it. Very knowledgeable and great service.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes there are!
    We have them at the shop. Some you end up losing a washer though. They are much thinner felt washers.

acarroline

I’ve reached out to TUCR, TunaReelsTroubles, SmoothDrag, and another company in Canada. We’ll see.

robby
    Quad Cities

Call Croegaert’s Great Outdoors in Rock Island, IL. Ask for John. He should be able to help and ship/mail these to you. 309-788-4868

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve reached out to TUCR, TunaReelsTroubles, SmoothDrag, and another company in Canada. We’ll see.

Tucr said in the post above yours he has them in stock

acarroline

Bearcat- Yes, I emailed John at TUCR yesterday. I’ve purchased from them in the past (rod, reels, carbon washers) and have enjoyed working with them. Reached out to Croegart’s, very kind but not able to help.

acarroline

John at TUCR took care of me. Pleasure to work with. Washers are installed and drags are smooth. Now to hopefully hear them “sing” a bunch this winter!

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

For a reel that small carbon drag washers aren’t what I’d use. They are meant more for higher tension larger fish applications. If you look at high end shimano spinning reels, there is a transition where the carbon washers will be in the larger size reels and felt will be in the smaller reels. I wouldn’t have known any of this but was told as much by a long time employee of shimano USA. Using light line a proper felt washer is the way to go in my opinion. And this is coming from a guy that has put carbontex washers in almost all my reels…baitcasting reels that is.

Brittman

Crawdaddy – maybe. I think you will find you are in the minority on this one.

I have had great luck replacing the felt washers on every small spinning reel I use for ice fishing. I have found that the lubricant is probably the key issue, but the felt washer absorbs the higher temp lube and if you are going to replace the washer as you add low-temperature grease – may as well go carbonex washer too.

In my experience, I am not so sure any grease (lubricant) is necessary with the carbonex washers.

I now have about a half dozen Shimano 500 reels. If you throw them in a freezer for an hour and then pull them out … you can tell the difference …

Now if you only fish in warm ice houses and let your reels come up to temperature … I would agree – no need to change.

Brittman

If the long-time employee of Shimano is one of their design engineers … I would suggest they try the same experiment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.