Can’t stand Queen

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Ok… big classic rock fan here and like most everything. But it’s gotten to the point I just can’t stand Queen. And I feel like KQ plays it 20 times each day. Seems like way more so since that stupid movie. Sick of it! Anyone else in the same boat??

Coletrain27
    Participant

Ok… big classic rock fan here and like most everything. But it’s gotten to the point I just can’t stand Queen. And I feel like KQ plays it 20 times each day. Seems like way more so since that stupid movie. Sick of it! Anyone else in the same boat??

every radio station plays the same crap every day. i recently subscribed to spotify and can listen to anything i want anytime

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

every radio station plays the same crap every day. i recently subscribed to spotify and can listen to anything i want anytime

That’s all I listen to is Spotify premium for a couple years. I don’t listen to the radio any more. It’s well worth the money. And as for queen, they rock and have a ton of great music, just not the over played songs on the radio I have heard all my life.

lindyrig79
    Participant

And as for queen, they rock and have a ton of great music, just not the over played songs on the radio I have heard all my life.

We’ll have to disagree on that one! But I still think you are pretty cool toast

Greg Krull
    Participant
    South Metro / Pool 4

I used to think it was weird as a kid that my dad listened to talk radio. Then I drove a truck like him for a while. It all made sense after that… Same stuff every day.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Hey now! Queen is great, but I can see how it could get sickening hearing it over and over. My music interests are too wide ranging to listen to one radio station. I use the basic Pandora app with ads or go to youtube if I’m looking for something more specific. Last night I went from Whiskey Myers to Queen to Eminem to Sturgill Simpson to Elton John sipping on a few Busch lattes in the garage.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Hey now! Queen is great, but I can see how it could get sickening hearing it over and over. My music interests are too wide ranging to listen to one radio station. I use the basic Pandora app with ads or go to youtube if I’m looking for something more specific. Last night I went from Whiskey Myers to Queen to Eminem to Sturgill Simpson to Elton John sipping on a few Busch lattes in the garage.

I have a favorites list on my Spotify that is now over 3000 songs. Goes from Mac Miller to lamb of good to mumford and sons to trampled by turtles and so on. My taste in music is different every day. But I always reset to metal

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

When we go on vacation we usually listen to the “Power Loon” and it’s great! Until about day four, when you realize they’re playing different stuff than KQRS but playing it over and over and over. Different tunes, same format.

SR

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I had to stop listening to KQ a long time ago as you heard the same 3 songs from Queen, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, REO Speedwagon (still not sure why?), Skynard and AC/DC. Doesn’t mean those bands (minus REO) don’t still wail tho! rotflol I use the free spotify app, or the songs I’ve purchased on iTunes. I might be the only person out there still buying music, rather than an app subscription, but it pays off when I don’t have any reception and also draws the battery down less than streaming….

Unless I’m at the cabin, then it’s Z99 24/7. They play the exact same songs as the Brainerd Power Loon, but keep on rocking when the Loon goes to commercial break. Also, they still play the long versions of In a Godda Da Vida and Free Bird.

pass0047
    Participant
    Pool4

Glad to hear I am not the only one not liking Queen being played on radio.

Michael Best
    Participant

Never was a a Queen fan. Just something about their music I don’t care for.

I am with you BigWerm. When you are out west in the mountains. Streaming doesn’t do you any good if you don’t have signal.
    So I have around a thousand songs I have bought over the years from Amazon.

The Pessimist
    Participant

Z103 out of Fergus Falls might be the best classic rock station I’ve ever found. They play a lot of deep tracks. They have an app and I stream it on my phone and in my truck.

jimmysiewert
    Participant

If anyone lives in SE MN I highly recommend checking out Rochester’s Public Radio Station 89.9 FM. No commercials and loaded with classic rock songs that you have long forgot about. Everyone I have shared this station with are hooked!

buschman
    Participant
    Pool 2

When we go on vacation we usually listen to the “Power Loon” and it’s great! Until about day four, when you realize they’re playing different stuff than KQRS but playing it over and over and over. Different tunes, same format.

SR

I agree, the power loon is great!!

Coletrain27
    Participant

If anyone lives in SE MN I highly recommend checking out Rochester’s Public Radio Station 89.9 FM. No commercials and loaded with classic rock songs that you have long forgot about. Everyone I have shared this station with are hooked!

i will agree with that. they are one of the stations that play alot of different things you dont normally hear. some of the stuff just gets too slow for me though

lindyrig79
    Participant

Love Z99 and Power Loon !!

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I used to think it was weird as a kid that my dad listened to talk radio. Then I drove a truck like him for a while. It all made sense after that… Same stuff every day.

I can definitely listen to talk radio if it is the right people and right topics. Popular culture and politics are no starters for me though. It’s just the same BS rehashed over and over.

I’m not a big Queen fan. I can listen to classic rock and appreciate most anything, but I agree that it seems the same library of about ~50 songs gets hard by most stations.

I admittedly use windshield time now to catch up with people by calling buddies I don’t see often, chatting with old coaches, extended family members, etc. (safely of course through the radio hands free stuff)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You guys are getting to be just plain ol’ farts!

We are the champions, my friends
    And we’ll keep on fighting till the end
    We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for walleyes
    ‘Cause we are the champions of the World

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Don’t mind hearing Queen. But know that feeling when a band you can’t stand comes on. That band for me is The Beetles! smash

One of the greatest lines in R&R history. “Get on your bikes and ride!” peace

-J.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Almost exclusively listen to AMAZON music, its free with PRIME. In the truck, its satellite and after noting favorites for awhile, you can almost always hear something decent playing. My range is old country to 90’s grunge and everything in between. Can’t stand the new stuff and even new country is getting to pop/rap sounding. coffee and get off my lawn ! jester

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

Sorry, I like Queen but too much of anything gets old.

tim hurley
    Participant

Queen seems hot right now-I love classic rock too and I don’t like Hendrix (love the guitar not a fan of the vocals)

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

Queen is great. Grew up listening to them. Can’t stand the GMC SIERRA Denali self-driving commercial that uses We Will Rock You! Not because of the song but the patty cake everyone is doing.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

What about queensryche

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I’m not a big fan either.
    I did see them in concert back in the day but I liked the back up band better.
    Billy Squire.
    Stroke me stroke me!!!

AK Guy
    Participant

If you want variety, including local Minnesota artists, give KAXE out Grand Rapids a listen. A lot of my contractor buddies listen to it at the job site because it’s not the same repetitive music every day. For music I listen to “On the River” at 9am. For entertainment peppered with music, I listen to the Morning Show. I enjoy the sports trivia, phenology reports, and Jeff Sundin Early Bird fishing reports. Also, the Green Cheese trivia show is hard to beat on a Saturday night.

Real people, old fashioned radio programming, it’s refreshing in a world of canned programming.

Erik Swenson
    Participant

AK is that 105.5 FM? I like that station too. Usually pick it up around BSL on the way up to the lake.

BC I like me some Queensryche from time to time heck yeah.

Queen was the best of the anthem rock bands in the day. The talent is unquestionable, but definitely not everyone’s forte. I prefer in small doses and some deeper tracks myself.

picklerick
    Participant
    Central WI

What about queensryche

Saw them open for Metallica in ’88 at UIC Pavilion. I think it’s a tie between that show and Clash of the Titans in ’90 for the best concert I’ve seen. Don’t really care for Queen but I’d more likely to turn off a country song than a Queen song if it was my decision.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

In the same boat. I can listen to all sorts of other artists over and over and don’t get tired of them.

As for Queensryche, they are one of my favorite bands. I saw them live around 2000 and I have never seen a live show so spot on terms of vocals and everything. Each person absolutely nailed it. So many times in metal bands, the vocals are so sloppy live (looking at you Megadeth), but Geoff Tate absolutely nailed it. Totally underrated band.

picklerick
    Participant
    Central WI

I hear ya. Even Dave’s singing on a studio cut is an acquired taste. Put a guitar in Geoff Tate’s hands and see if he can play it and sing. He’d probably still sing better than Dave Mustaine but no chance he’d play the guitar that well. I can’t even talk and play guitar at the same time.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.