Cannon near Faibault

• tim hurley
    Participant

Anyone fish this lake? Looks like a great multi species option. Looking to get out there for open water-probably opens up early, would imagine it gets skunky in the summer.
    Thanks

rod-man
    Participant
    Pine City, MN.

Troll spinner rigs and shallow cranks
    silver,perch and firetiger

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Search “Speed-Up-For-Eyes”

It may be relevant to Cannon coffee

hnd
    Participant

its a shallow flat lake. run worm harnesses in 6-7′ of water around humps and the minimal points for walleye.

perch roam around in schools. but if you can find them on yoru finder there are good sized schools.

tim hurley
    Participant

Yup-would be great to get eyes, anyone get cats, LMBs, crappies, dogfish, anything else? You dogfish people can pm me (ha, ha)!

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Gets too warm by June so hit it early and don’t discount fishing at night either. A good wind/chop helps too.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Gets too warm by June so hit it early and don’t discount fishing at night either. A good wind/chop helps too.

Too warm for what?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Too warm for what?

Its only 13 feet deep at the max. Doesn’t take long for that water to soar near 80 degrees.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

And that’s too warm for what?

Trolling at 4mph?

I’ve only logged a few hundred hours out there in peak summer heat …

tim hurley
    Participant

Anyone know if Cannon or any other lake that way is open? Imagine with the river going threw and the shallow water it probably sheds its ice pretty early.

bruce anderson
    Participant

Any one been fishing here lately? Any tips would help. Gona be fishin with my buddy and his young daughter.

Pig-hunter
    Participant
    Southern Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>
    Too warm for what?

Its only 13 feet deep at the max. Doesn’t take long for that water to soar near 80 degrees.

That doesn’t matter. I’ve had good July bites out there before. All of the lakes around here get up close into the 80s. Fish still have to eat.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Fished it for the first time few weeks ago and the wind beat me up most of the day so I was limited on what I wanted to do. Only got a few fish but one was a 15 pound cat and the other was a 15″ crappie. Worm under a float deep into the weeds got me bit. The public access there is kind of a pain in the rear too.

AND DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO THE OUTHOUSE!

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    15 pound cat

How long?

I never measured it because my dog kept trying to bite it…..pure chaos trying to bring that into my net on 4lb test.

Attachments:
    1. 20200529_114838.jpg

tomr
    Participant
    cottage grove, mn

Nice Cat! I have only caught one that big on light tackle and it was a heck of a fight.

SoDakangler
    Participant

Anyone been on cannon so far in September? Kicking around the idea of coming down there Monday and trolling/casting some cranks

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.