canadian fishing trip for pike driving myself

• Jamison Wells
    Participant

Hey has anybody had any experience with an inexpensive Canadian driving trips for pike that they know of. Not looking to spend a lot of money on a guide and nice huge lodge. Just wanna have a do it yourself kind of trip.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Are you looking for size or numbers? There are a few cheap options on Lake Dinorwic(Pine Sunset) or Eagle Lake. They are both good sized lakes with lots of pike, not sure if they are the best destinations for trophies or not though.

bigpike
    Participant

Link is not working. Search ” top 12 pike lakes Ontario by Gord Ellis ” on Google

Jamison Wells
    Participant

i wouldn’t want to fish a lake with a bunch of hammer handles, but good eating size 30-35 inchers.
    thanks for the reply!!

Steve Hix
    Participant
    Dysart, Iowa

i wouldn’t want to fish a lake with a bunch of hammer handles, but good eating size 30-35 inchers.
    thanks for the reply!!

Where I go on LOTWs you cannot keep any northers over 29.5 inch.
    so don’t go there if you want 35 inch eaters.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hey has anybody had any experience with an inexpensive Canadian driving trips for pike that they know of. Not looking to spend a lot of money on a guide and nice huge lodge. Just wanna have a do it yourself kind of trip.

thanks for the reply!!

Well unless there is something truly compelling you to go to Canada so be it. However what you seem to be seeking is easily attainable in the northern tier of Minnesota, no passport required. There are literally 100’s upon 100’s of smaller lakes off the grid that you would/could have the lake to yourself with good chance of a 30-35″ eater pike. If it’s just you, how many would you need…1 or 2? Plus some action with smaller ones but you should get a few bigger ones for your “eating” size. Smaller boat you have could slide into many more remote accesses.
    Pickup a Gazateer for Minnesota and start searching, you will find unlimited opportunities for just what you are seeking.

cheers
    Participant

Be sure to check fishing regs. There are size restrictions on keeping pike in some areas in Ontario.

tim hurley
    Participant

Plus I heard you cannot drink a beer in your boat in Canada.

Steve Hix
    Participant
    Dysart, Iowa

I do not know about all of Canada, but in Ontario you cannot have beer in your boat, drinking or not!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.