Drive-to lake near Dryden

• z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

We’re taking our annual one week trip to LacSeul in May, but adding a few days to try a lake or two near Dryden. Looking for nearby lakes to drive to, launch, fish for the day, and try different ones on the next two days. Any suggestions for good pike or smallie lakes for one day trips? Not looking for walleye lakes, as that is our primary target at LacSeul.

Joel Ballweg
    Participant
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Williams Lake

This lake is literally a pike factory. The only access I know of is thru Williams Creek. We launched our boat here years ago and we also ran Williams Creek via boat to access Lac Seul.

Williams Lake has decent depth and does produce some big pike as well which is always nice.

You can probably get much more & better info from the people at Williams Lake Lodge

The good news is its not a huge lake which helps a great deal if you only have a day or two to fish it.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Driving up hwy 502 you have several lakes along the road that have always had my interest. Godson being one of them, I second Wabigoon or Dinorwic as well. The end of the lake near Dryden also has some crappies along with good smallie action. I also know Andy Meyers lodge on Eagle offers a 4×4 adventure to some nearby lakes for fantastic smallie fishing. I agree it would be best to call locally to resort or stop in at Canadian Tire and ask some of the salesmen too.

carroll58
    Participant
    Twin Cities, USA

This is further South, near Emo, Ontario
    GPS Coords: 48.920867,-93.804028

Clearwater Lake, with access to Pipestone Lake and Cedar Island Lodge Great Smallmouth, Walleye & Muskie fishing along with Lake Trout.

Go Southeast into a number of other lakes for Largemouth, Smallmouth, Walleye, Crappie, Pike, etc.

Drive to cabins
    Gateway North Outfitters on Off Lake, access by boat to the whole chain.

Best thing about these is they are only 6 1/2 hours from Minneapolis

moler02
    Participant
    Iowa, Knoxville

I’m told Wabigoon is good. walleyes,pike and good Muskie. I just keep driving on by. Sure would like to know if it is as good as I’ve heard.

z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

Took a look at Williams Lake. couple things that didn’t work out. they were reluctant to rent for less than a week, and told us that due to low spring water levels, would not be able to boat onto lac Seul. Looked like a nice camp though, and an interesting lake.

Richard ronmark
    Participant
    northwestern Ontario

I would have to say wabigoon if your looking for something close to Dryden it’s not far at all, or just drive down highway 502 you will find some lakes,or cedar narrows rd it’s a logging rd off the 502 you will find lots of little lakes trout northern bass walleye etc..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.