Calhoun

• Alex Fox

Is there fishing happening on Calhoun? I went by a couple weeks ago and the lake was surrounded with orange netting, signs stating no swimming, etc. I don’t know if it was due to some algae outbreak or if it was due to Covid or what. Does anyone know where you can look online or who to call to find out?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I believe its because of high levels of E-coli. Some other lakes in the area have the same problem. They usually just block off the swimming area. The lakes that have the swimming area blocked off still have high levels of e-coli all over the lake but people don’t seem to care. You see them tubing, skiing, wake boarding, and swimming in them at their own risk.

Deuces

Not much pressure.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This makes me wonder if you’ve ever been by or on the lake.

Are you saying that those activities aren’t a risk for getting e-coli?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    This makes me wonder if you’ve ever been by or on the lake.

Are you saying that those activities aren’t a risk for getting e-coli?

I think he was saying you can’t wakeboard, tube, or ski on Calhoun or the other city lakes that are electric motors only. So there is literally never anyone doing those things on those MSP lakes ever.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Oh. I was not specifically referencing Calhoun, I was referencing other lakes that have E-coli problems. Slight misunderstanding. I am actually not sure why its closed off, I am only speculating based on other lakes in the area this time.

Deuces

Wow, you’re pretty quick with the reply, immediately edited it after I reread your post, figured you were saying what you said. wave

Alex Fox

I actually enjoy bass fishing out there in a canoe or kayak but haven’t been able to this year. Just wondering where info about the lake would be found. City of Minneapolis? Is it a Three Rivers Park?

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Calhoun has been cancelled cultured from history. Google Bde Maka Ska Minneapolis Parks and Recreation.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Calhoun has been cancelled cultured from history. Google Bde Maka Ska Minneapolis Parks and Recreation.

jester

Was waiting for that reply…..

Alex Fox

Thanks Jon, but looking to see if the lake is open to fish, not stocking details.

Deuces

Doesn’t look like they were catching much

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200826_110058.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.