Calamus Info

• wallihunters
    Participant
    Grand Island NE

Are there any cabins for rent by the lake, or a good motel I have not been to calamus for 20 years, the wife and I are are planning on going this weekend or next weekend, Also anyone have any fishing reports. Thanks Jim

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

I know there are a few place to stay but I personally haven’t stayed at any to recommend one. Hopfully someone else has a suggestion for that.

I had a buddy that was up there over the 4th and they did great trolling cranks. The walleye and the wiper were both on fire. I’ll see if I can come up with any details for you.

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

If you are taking the wife up, there are a couple of bed and breakfast’s in Burwell that would make for a nice weekend!! The Burwell Chamber has a really nice website, Visit Burwell, that has all kinds of information on places to stay.

Hope this help you in making your decision and maybe you can get Jorg to put his $.02 in on the fishing up there

GOOD LUCK

rippin-lips
    Participant
    Kearney

We have stayed several times at the Calamus outfitters. They have some small cabins and some big lodge type cabins. Just depends on how many beds you need.

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

I was able to fish at Calamus on Wednesday. Despite high bright skies, a heavy Alger bloom on the west end of the lake and temperatures in the 90’s; we were able to catch some very nice fish.

Again this week we trolled cranks as we have in the past. We found that many of the fish have moved up the lake and are relating to many of the longer points. Wednesday’s prime depth on the points was about 14 feet.

Flicker Shads and Glass Shads of various colors on 150 feet of Fireline did the trick for us.

Best of luck on your outing.

wallihunters
    Participant
    Grand Island NE

Thanks for the info everyone.

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

Hey, I think that we set a new record at Calamus last Wednesday.

We lost 14 Flicker Shads in one day. lol

A costly day but the end results were nice. Three fishermen and 9 nice fat walleyes.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great job Jorg!! I think I lost that many flickers a day at Merritt. Picked up 100 at Scheels in Omaha last night though.

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

I have stuck a lot of cranks in those trees up in the Snake too. But most of them were some $7.99 Rapala that you could only get there at the bait shop. I don’t think that the old owner ever marked anything down in that place. We got to where we bought every kind of lure retreaver that we could find.

I might have to make a run into Omaha to see if the have anything lest.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.