Cabelas Employee Discount Pricing

• boone
    Woodbury, MN

I got a promotional postcard in the mail from Cabelas that’s good for Employee Discount Pricing from May 13-16, 2016. Does anyone know how big a discount this is for Cabelas brand products or other brands? I’m might be looking for a Cabelas brand tent, sleeping bag, or maybe some mid-level rain gear and was wondering if it’s worth a trip to check it out.

Thanks,

Boone

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

When I was shopping 2-3 years ago for electronics, it was about 10-15 percent depending on the product. Not sure on clothes, rods, etc.

FDR

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

This second hand info so take it for what it is;

Couple years ago I had a similar promo card. I was in their store looking at a hand held GPS. It was “on sale” at the time. The store employee told me the “sale price” was cheaper than “employee pricing”.

He went on to say that the employee discount only applied to full retail price. If an item was on sale the employee could purchase at the the lower price but could not apply their discount also to obtain an even lower price.

I have no way of knowing if what I was told is true, but that is what he told me at the time.

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

i called them yesterday and they said depending on the item, it could be anywhere from 5% to 25%. If you call customer service and you know exactly what product you are looking for, they will be able to tell you what the discount will be.

Happy Shopping!!

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I’ve racked up quite a few Cabela’s points and thinking of blowing them either on some new electronics or a Motor Guide Xi5. I didn’t get the post card for the employee discount thing so I guess I just accumulate some more points.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I bought a shotgun there during one of the promos. the discount wasn’t fantastic on guns but every little bit helps

big_g
    Isle, MN

I always thought the discount was pretty good on their own Cabelas branded stuff.. (like 40% off) and was anywhere from 10-15% on other stuff…depending on if electronics, guns, ammo, fishing rods/reels, other clothing etc etc etc.

gary d
    cordova,il

Par for the course. 5 day ago I just brought a BG 2 kayak. It would of help on the shipping cost.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I think it is for in store purchases only…. I got one as well.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’d take pro-staff pricing whistling

Attachments:
    1. untitled.png

schellbell
    Sioux Falls, SD

shimano baitcasting reels were pretty much exactly 15% off retail price and the st croix baitcasting reels were pretty much exactly 20% off retail price. all in all i received about $45 of discounts today at cabelas. )

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I purchased a Cabela’s brand tent, a floor liner for the tent, and some fishing line a couple of weeks ago. Today I just brought the Employee Discount Pricing post card to customer service and they gave me the discount retroactive. Basically they just had me “return” the items and then I repurchased them at the discount price without the hassle of actually returning anything. The discount on the tent and the floor liner was 25%.

Today I bought some Gamakatsu hooks and VMC swivels and they were also at a 25% discount. So a pretty good deal. It was for three days only and only for in-store purchases.

Boone

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.