BWCA Trips for 2015

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I know it feels like a long ways off, but now is really the time to start planning your Boundary Waters Trip for 2015. The paddle-only-permits will be going live in a first come first serve quota process on January 28, 2015. The motor permits as well as paddle permits for Fall Lake (Entry Point 24) and Moose Lake (Entry Point 25) will be open for Lottery from December 16, 2014 – January 13, 2015. If you are considering a BWCA trip for 2015, heed these dates to ensure that you have the best shot at getting the permits you need!
    As always, if you need help getting permits, planning your trip, choosing a route, or renting any equipment for your trip; you can contact me here and I will do whatever I can to help you out.
    If you’re interested in a winter trip to Ely, shoot me a line as well. If I can help you select a location, line up any activities, and assist you in arranging any lodging or services, let me know. I enjoy every minute here in God’s Country and I will do anything I can to make sure everyone else can share the same experience that I do.
    -Ben

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Thanks for the heads up, Ben… Spent some time up there on the other side of the echo trail ice fishing and had a great time… My post high school days we did 4 trips in from the GM side and they were fantastic!!! Any time you are in a northern WI venue and need some info, let me know, be happy to help any way I can!!!

Mark

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Will do Mark, I was talking to the wife yesterday about checking out the ice caves this winter and getting some Superior Lake Trout fishing in, any recommendations for places to stay nearby so we can make a weekend of it would be fantastic!

eyesonly

Thanks Ben. Im super excited for my boy and I to make another trip up to the bwca next summer. Last year we did a 7 day trip to insula and couldn’t have had a better time. In the mean time I’m even more excited about spending 7 days in the Ely area starting January 11th solo. I really want to combine a walleye trip with some lake trout action.I realize I will only be able to trout fish on lakes completely within the bwca at that time. I will be fully prepared for whatever is instore. I will have my polaris ranger on the trailer and all my gear with me to fish both species including my pulk and snow shoes for a hike to try to catch some lake trout. I really would love to take advantage of your offer to maybe recommend some places to explore. If you have a free day that week that would even be pretty cool to have some company one afternoon if you’re up for it . Thanks Bill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.