Burger & Fries – That will be 38$ Please

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

Not if he didn’t accept or take his food!

Karry Kyllo

Pretty grey area. He ordered it and now it’s likely garbage if he doesn’t take it. Who orders food without looking at prices first?

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirk-w. wrote:</div>
    My wife and I must be getting old and cranky. We walked into 5 Guys Burgers in Woodbury this afternoon and each ordered a burger,fries, and a soda. The nice girl rang it up and with a smile said, “that will be $38.50 please”. I knew she rang it up wrong, but after 10 seconds we determined that was indeed the correct price. I started laughing and said “I’m not paying that for a burger and fries”, and walked out the door. First time for everything. WTH?? I was so stunned – and have been both chuckling and amazed they can charge that (and get it).

So you just walked out and didn’t pay your bill? You didn’t look at prices prior to ordering? Unexpected high price or not, that’s a crime.

Seriously? The order was canceled.

Coletrain27

Pretty grey area. He ordered it and now it’s likely garbage if he doesn’t take it. Who orders food without looking at prices first?

you must of forgot how a fast food place works… they don’t make or give you any food until after you pay.

He said he wasn’t gonna pay that and walked out before they even finished the order or made any food moon

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The prices at these burger joints makes me appreciate how reasonable the prices at Chipotle have remained. The cost of a burrito has gone up a buck or two over the last 10-15 years, while every burger place seems to have doubled their menu prices.

dirtywater

If you would’ve gone through with the order you would’ve quickly realized that $38 worth of food at 5guys can feed 4 people. You probably would’ve thought the food was delicious, and next time back your order would’ve been closer to $25.

The menu is misleading. The “little” burgers are not little, and a small fry feeds two. They also give you unlimited toppings included in the price, instead of nickle and diming you for everything— that’s built in to the price.

$12 for a made to order half pound burger with unlimited fixings is fair in my opinion. It’s a step above typical fast food, and a lot of sit-down joints are now asking $15-18 for a burger and then you’re paying a tip on top of that. I’ve got no problem with 5guys.

The biggest waste of money in the game is soda. Family of 4 can save 10-12 bucks just by skipping that garbage and drinking water.

LabDaddy1

If you would’ve gone through with the order you would’ve quickly realized that $38 worth of food at 5guys can feed 4 people. You probably would’ve thought the food was delicious, and next time back your order would’ve been closer to $25.

The menu is misleading. The “little” burgers are not little, and a small fry feeds two. They also give you unlimited toppings included in the price, instead of nickle and diming you for everything— that’s built in to the price.

$12 for a made to order half pound burger with unlimited fixings is fair in my opinion. It’s a step above typical fast food, and a lot of sit-down joints are now asking $15-18 for a burger and then you’re paying a tip on top of that. I’ve got no problem with 5guys.

The biggest waste of money in the game is soda. Family of 4 can save 10-12 bucks just by skipping that garbage and drinking water.

What kind of maniac eats a burger and fries without a soda/pop??? Only half kidding… devil

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

hah ^ No it’s not. Walking out with the food and not paying for it would be.

In the mean time, all the Corp Fast Food Companies are looking for less expensive fillers like Seaweed and Wood Pulp to extend their profits more and more.

I’m not saying this is bad for a person health wise, but we are getting less and less of the burger or chicken that we thought we were paying for. How much beef is really in a 1/4 burger?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Lil bacon cheeseburger is 9 bucks, just had one, delicious. Certainly enough for any adult.

I stopped at 5 Guys on my way up to Mille Lacs Friday night for dinner. I always felt pop was a rip off anywhere and normally get water. Went with the free shelled peanuts and Lil bacon cheeseburger with the works and sauteed mushrooms, onions, and green peppers, around $10. Just the right amount of food. I can see how you might not feel you are getting your value worth if you don’t get all the fixings.

Jimmy John’s full size Gargantuan is $23.39 without any chips or pop. Add chips and pop it is $30.28 for one person.

Last week my son wanted some root beer and requested some 1919. So my wife bought it without looking. $22.49 for a 12 pack of pop.

I was at the airport last week and got a single Whopper meal for $26. It was the only food available.

maddogg

I use to get 2 Big Macs with fries and a large coke for under $2.00.
    That was in the good old days.

queenswake
    NULL

Agreed. Pre-covid, Five Guys was an occasional luxury meal out. But I can’t stomach their prices today when I can go into just about any sit-down place and get a burger and fries and drink for the same price or less!

I agree with others that the prices are more tolerable if you do not order drinks. But who wants to eat a burger and fries with water?

As for other fast food, I’m told that with the apps for each, you get coupons to make the prices on par with what they used to be. But having to download apps for each fast food restaurant you go to is annoying to me. I just want to order and get a reasonable price.

Coletrain27

I agree with others that the prices are more tolerable if you do not order drinks. But who wants to eat a burger and fries with water?

I order water 95% of the time I go anywhere for lunch

JEREMY
    BP

I havent had pop in probably 15 years. I eat burgers and fries all the time.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

i havent ate at this red robin in a while but i liked there food. a bit spendy but willing to pay for there burgers cause there good….to me anyway…..and bottomless fries!!!

we just dont eat out much!!!!!

Red Robin fries are the best. They are endless as well so you get as much as you want. Sometimes I go there and order just french fries.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

5 Guys is rather expensive, but as other said their normal burgers are huge and a small fry will feed 3 people. I love their burgers. I normally order the lil bacon cheeseburger and a small fry. Like others said skip the soda and the price in not bad. Much better burger than most fast food places. When in a hurry and on the road, I use to go thru the drivethru at Mcdonalds and order the 2 Cheeseburger meal without Ketchup. It was fast, easy, and not messy. Plus if you order without ketchup you always got a fresh made burger. I swear those cheeseburgers get smaller each time I get them. They are now about 1/2 the size they use to be. Their normal burger is now smaller than their kids burger use to be. Also about 8 times out of 10 I get my cheese burger its has Ketchup on it after clearly saying WITHOUT Ketchup several times and verifying on the screen that it says NO KETCHUP.

Henpecked

Seems like forever ago, but I remember McD’s as the “home of the 19 cent hamburger”.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ve had 5 guys once. At the time, my gf who’s now my wife wanted to go. It was good. But good lord it was expensive. This was probably 4 years ago now. I’ll go to Buffalo Wild Wings and get a burger, beer/pop, fries, and 6 boneless wings for $15 and have plenty of food for lunch the next day too!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve had 5 guys once. At the time, my gf who’s now my wife wanted to go. It was good. But good lord it was expensive. This was probably 4 years ago now. I’ll go to Buffalo Wild Wings and get a burger, beer/pop, fries, and 6 boneless wings for $15 and have plenty of food for lunch the next day too!

Really. B dubs is about as expensive as it gets and never had a good wing there. Our wings are always so spendy and the 3 times we went they came out cold.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Val’s makes a pretty decent burger in St Cloud. Its not overly expensive either.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Val’s makes a pretty decent burger in St Cloud. Its not overly expensive either.

I use to eat there often. Have not had one in awhile now. May have to do so today for lunch. All this talk about burgers is making me hungry.

10klakes

Went to a Freddie’s recently and was impressed with their steakhouse burger (for being fast food and all). Might have been better than Culver’s, but it’s been over a year since I ate there.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I’ll go to Buffalo Wild Wings and get a burger, beer/pop, fries, and 6 boneless wings for $15 and have plenty of food for lunch the next day too!

How?
    6 boneless wings are $8.99 + $1 for each ranch or blue cheese at BW.

I normally bring my lunch to work. The days I don’t I will call in an order for pickup at a couple of different places. I don’t get a pop with my call in but the food is much better and at the same price or less than McDs. It also take less time to run in and grab a pick up order than go through a drive through.

Last time my wife enjoyed 5 guy’s, it was all over her face. Just a mess.

ThunderLund78

I remember back in the early 2000s when B-dubs was a new thing, they used to only have have maybe 6 sauces and they had Thursday leg day for like $1 a drumstick. It was SO good! Now it’s just too scaled-up – they’ve sacrificed quality for quantity in their supply chain, wings are scrawny, Much of their food is mass-produced, pre-cooked and just re-heated, half the time the wings are just warm and the sauce is cold, and everything else on the menu is an afterthought. All for WAAAAAY more than you used to pay when the quality was good.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

You guys better stay away from Chipotle then. A loaded up bowl/burrito with guac and queso is gonna cost $15+ without a drink.

Shorter lines for me. 1 burrito bowl is two lunches for me. yay

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I remember back in the early 2000s when B-dubs was a new thing, they used to only have have maybe 6 sauces and they had Thursday leg day for like $1 a drumstick. It was SO good!

I remember that too. That was right when they started introducing their boneless wings too. When I was a sophomore in college, my roommate and I ordered 100 boneless wings and each ate 50 of them on their Thursday night special. LOL those were the glory days. I had a much bigger appetite than I do now.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>
    I’ll go to Buffalo Wild Wings and get a burger, beer/pop, fries, and 6 boneless wings for $15 and have plenty of food for lunch the next day too!

How?
    6 boneless wings are $8.99 + $1 for each ranch or blue cheese at BW.

Buy a burger there and get 6 wings for $1 is how lol.

We go to bww pretty often since there is one just down the road from us. I have there rewards app and I get a lot of free food. Thursday is the best day for the BOGO boneless chicken

Charles

I don’t think its that bad of a price lol (I wouldn’t each there). DQ with the family add a burger and your at $40. We just got a burger and large pizza the other day for $40.00. Its the times we live in, we don’t eat out that much and man are food budget is around 1300-$1400 a month for a family of 4. I don’t know how people do it with a young family starting out.

queenswake
    NULL

I also disagree that the Five Guys burgers are big? I always get just one patty to save on costs, and the burger is only big because of the toppings I put on it. The actual patty is not big.

Freddy’s is good. Burgers are good and they give you a ton of fries.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I was there a couple of weeks ago, they offer 6 boneless wings for $1 if you get a burger. I usually get a burger there.

12.49 for the burger and fries, add 6 boneless wings for $1. Worked well for me. I guess I’m more of a order whatever is on special vs just ordering anything!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.