water temps

• ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

What are the water temps on Brushy?? Has anyone been out?

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Tough day at Brushy on Saturday. That front going through Friday night didn’t help the situation much. It’s still pretty cold over there. Sounds like Clear Lake is the place to be.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Headed there this weekend to try some bass fishing. Heard one report the water was high and cold. If you were on the lake last week is it high? Has it gotten muddy?

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

There was some dirty water last Friday on the upper end. Clarity seemed to improve as you went south. Plus, the water temp was only 60-62 degrees just about everywhere. With the additional rain we had last Friday and since, along with the cool temps last weekend, it probably hasn’t gotten much better.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

It was pretty high on Saturday and a bit cold. No need to get there at dawn this time of year. Clarity wasn’t too bad throughout the lake though. Who knows with the rain we’ve gotten this week and are set to get though.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Thanks for the info, I’ll let you know how it went Monday when I get back.

Fluff

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Pretty cold wet weekend. Saturday was a huricane that had me hunting for anyplace to get out of the wind. We did manage out 6 keepers but the biggest was only 3.2lbs. 3 on plastic flip’n in the backs as much out of the wind as we could get. The other 3 on spinnerbaits out in it. Did find one open place behind a point that blocked the 3 foot waves.

Sunday we left at noon and only managed 4 keepers in the cold and wet. 3 on that spinnerbait and found one 3.9 pounder on a bed that ate a beaver.

Water never got over 58 on my gage, just found the one on a bed but more small ones crusing the bank. with a day or two of sunshine and warm weather I’ll bet the banks will be loaded with fish on the bed.

Fluff

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I cruised a lot of shoreline Sunday and didn’t see many bass and they were all small. The heat this week might get things going. It would have been nice for the rain to end in the morning like it was supposed to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.