Brushy Creek 1/6

• nick858
    Participant
    Eldora, Iowa

No photos today. Fishing was a lot slower. I ended the day catching 6 gills, 5 crappies, 4 perch and 9 walleyes. The gills were average 7 inchers, crappies around 10, perch 9-10, and walleyes were definitely small!
    Everything today on Frostee spoon with a minnow head, except the gills, which were on my favorite Diamond Jig.

brushy19
    Participant

Good job on the fishing Nick. I saw you putting your perm on the lake around 11:00. That was me coming off the lake in the black F-150 (same truck that was at cornelia with you and John). We fished the road bed to the South about 5 or 600 yards. Marked some and had bites but no takers. Are you going to be out Friday at all? If you need a partner let me know!

nick858
    Participant
    Eldora, Iowa

I didnt even pay attention to the black truck, you should have hollered at me! We got your name mixed up with livonbrushy somehow, and the two people confused. Now I dont know which one is which lol. I think Im going to fish a pond Friday, then probably wait til after the tourny to get back on Brushy.
    The permanent was mostly a disaster. My uncles portable got torn up, so I put the perm out so they would have somewhere to fish out of. All 3 runners broke off on the hard ice chunks, and then they still only caught 2 fish. Oh well, we will get em next time. Ill pm you my number, in case you are out sometime.

brushy19
    Participant

Fished Brushy last night. Caught 2 nice crappies, 1 big gill and a perch in 20 fow. Then moved to 30 and caught a dink eye and a 17″ eye. Pretty decent night of fishing. Hopefully they leave some fish in there after the Tourny today! I’m sittin at work

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

Anyone know how the tourny turned out. I couldn’t make it. A couple of my freinds fished Brushy sat, but they were not in the tourny. They said the fish had lock jaw pretty bad. Just wondering if anyone did any good the past few days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.