02-02-08

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Brushy was pretty slow yesterday. fished crappies all day and cuaght less than 20. We fished creak channels and saw lots of fish, but the only thing I could make them hit was a minnow on a #6 orange glow demon dead sticked 8′ off the bottom. all but 1 were in the 9″ to maybe 10″ range and the one was a 14″er I caught early. We moved around alot looking for fish and found alot, but couldn’t find any that wanted to eat very bad. One exiting thing did happen and that was my buddy decided to try a big rembant and started it down the whole when a Muskie only a foot under the ice slammed it. Wasn’t real big, but we got a pic and let her go. It was a blast watching him fight it on an ultra light rod and 2 lb. test.

jesse
    mn

I love the coloring on that fish Nothing better than fighting a good size fish on ultra lite setup, nice job

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Sweet muskie. I had one hit my camera there and hang out for like 20 minutes a couple years ago.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

fished all night friday and caught a few crappies, but once it got light out sat morning I couldn’t mark a fish on the LX-5. That front realy shut em down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.