Try County fishing

• chrossa
    Arcadia, WI

Any of you guys fishing the try county fishing tournaments? I have been trying to get into the tourneys but don’t know who to get a hold of. If any one has any info let me know. Thanks allot.

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

A follow up to the 4 man event at Brushy this past Sunday.
    It was a good tourney with a fairly decent showing.
    The water was clearer than I usually fish with h20 temps starting out in the low 80’s. Saturday,in the rain, we found fish along creek channels, points and roadbeds. Sunday, the fish were still there and the fun began. We found a few presentations that would work. The first being a finesse approach with a zoom finesse 6″ worm in green pumpkin. I was texas rigging with a 3/16 oz tungstan sinker and my partner was using the drop shot set about 18″ above the sinker. The boat was deep in the creek channel and we were targeting the fish on the slope. That bite worked well for the first limit. We started throwing cranks, Norman DD22’s and started picking up more active fish again with a little more size. I was throwing a bream color and partner was using a canary. So, we called our partners and told them to get down there, we had a limit and were upgrading. We both were using 7′ rods with 10′ fluero and cranking fast, 5:1:1 reels. Talk about putting a whooping on you, throwing them cranks all day.
    We then proceded to spot two, a nice roadbed and the fish were there too, boat out deep casting as far as we could up the roadbed, called the partners and they came over. We left and proceded North to a nice point, looking for 17’FOW and the bass were there too. Basically 3 spots and alot of casts turned into a nice day with lots of fish. My partner and I threw back 5 limits and another 40 shorts, no joke. I hooked into somethin big Saturday on that roadbed, he slammed my crank then headed deep, I played him (10 lb test) whatever it was straightend out my front treble hooks and he popped off.
    It was a good summer pattern and the crankbait bite was hot. Partner and I had a limit weighing 13.5 lbs, second biggest of the event and our partners tallied in 4.5lbs for a 3rd place finish. My biggest was 3.35 and big bass of the day went 4.02.
    This was my first time in a boat at Brushy Creek, what a great lake, a good put on Tourney. Hopefully we can make it next year. Thanks to all who put it on.

Jason

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Thanks for the report. Brushy is a great lake.

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Looks like Iowa Bass is running a 2 man buddy “T” open on August 27th on Brushy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.