Is it worth the trip

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’m about 1.5 hours from the Mississippi, Clear Lake and Brushy. I love Brushy, so is it worth the trip yet? Are the bass in prespawn feeding mode yet? How about the panfish? Are there any walleyes to be caught? I did pretty well in early May last year and I’d guess that things are ahead of schedule this year with all the warm days we’ve had. Clear Lake is a pretty known quantity, but it’s such a cluster on these nice days I’d rather deal with the trees than the other boats.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

I havent heard of much going at Brushy yet, it has been muddy the last two weekends. The walleyes are really biting at Clear Lake, but plan on a ratio of about 50:1. Thats 50, 13 inchers to every 1, keeper. Yellows have picked up though, and they are fun too.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

is it ok to fish at night on Bushy? Is there a time when your not supposed to be on the lake?

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

Gills, the lake is always open 24-7. Just be careful of the trees at night. Good Luck.

Clay

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Clay,how you been? Great to see you in the Iowa forums.
    Been to any Royal games yet? I think the Dodgers are down there this June? Be alot closer to see them there instead of L.A..
    You take care Clay,
    Ryan Hale

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

Hey Hey Ryan, I still get on every once in a while. When the job permits!! HA. No Royal games yet. Should be no problem getting tickets the way they are playing now!!!! If you come down, better let me know.

Clay

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

I figured Ryan might want to come down Clay and watch the GOOD California team (Angels). Clay Brushy was doing pretty good but this cold snap shut things right down. I talked to a guy today that said he caught some nice LM on sat. but the walleyes shut off.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

I am just waiting for the CUBS to come to town. Anyone coming down please let me know so we can get together. Always welcome.

Buddy of mine said the walleyes were hit and miss, but when you get them they are worth the wait. 22-25″. Todd, ready for me to come back and guide for you again? LOL. Keep the reports coming. THANKS!

Clay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.