Browns QB Deshaun Watson settles for 11-game suspension

• bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

You would think the NFL would just let this creep go after 24 women accuse him of sexual assault and harassment. If this happened to anyone of us at work we would be unemployed.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

He got off easy. Then again, don’t all athletes. As long as people keep loading the stadiums to watch these thugs and owners keep signing and paying them they will never change.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

It was actually sexual misconduct, not assault. There is a big difference from misconduct and assault. Assault is a violent crime. Misconduct is not.

It apparently occurred during massages. But ya, he is a slimeball regardless.

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Days like this where I’m glad to be a Viking’s fan. Poor Cleveland and that sorry excuse for a team. At this point I think the Browns fans would take the Lions!

Always liked Stefanski, not sure if he had a big part in the Watson decision or it was all a product of dysfunctional front-office management. But it was a bad one.

FryDog62
    Participant

He got off easy. Then again, don’t all athletes. As long as people keep loading the stadiums to watch these thugs and owners keep signing and paying them they will never change.

Exactly, this is why I gave up watching the NFL and NBA years ago. I just don’t want to be a part of the problem and support those leagues in any way any more… Man, I sound old all of a sudden!!

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

I just copied the headline from the Kstp.com, take it up with them.LOL

It was actually sexual misconduct, not assault. There is a big difference from misconduct and assault. Assault is a violent crime. Misconduct is not.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

My guess is that it was Misconduct rather than assault because of who he was. My guess is some money also exchanged hands to some of the woman involved. That is normally the case when high profile athletes are involved in case’s like this.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

My guess is some money also exchanged hands to some of the woman involved. That is normally the case when high profile athletes are involved in case’s like this.

Yes, that’s correct. He settled with all of the accusers already.

Initially, it was only supposed to be a 6 game suspension. The Commissioner considered changing it to the entire season, settling on 11 games instead.

Not really sure who the QB is going to be for the first 11 games in Cleveland. Do they still have Baker? He and the Browns had some offseason problems too.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Bakers in Carolina.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Bakers in Carolina.

Oh gotcha. So who’s the QB for the Browns right now then? Brissett?

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Yes Brissett will steer the ship in Watson’s absence

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I think he was overrated in Houston long before all of this. When there he had one really good statistical season. His team finished 4-12 and was being given garbage yards/points regularly.

Regardless of him being a genuine creep, I’d say he’s no more than a mediocre NFL QB. Give him a good roster and they will do alright. Give him an average or below average roster and you will be picking near the start of the draft

Ripjiggen
    Participant

He was pretty good in Houston. 3 time pro bowler in 4 seasons there. Bill O’Brien ran that team into the dumpster. Will be interesting though as he has not played football in 2 years now. So he goes from one dumpster fire org to another. With constant questions reguarding his massages.😂
    I do find it very NFL like that he plays Houston his first game back from suspension.😂

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

He goes with $200+ million.

For the pig Watson is, the biggest hog is the Browns owner.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Owner says he’s the face of the franchise…

I think the Owner will be singing a different tune once he hears the jeers toward Watson reigning down from opposing teams fans at every away game…

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

He was pretty good in Houston. 3 time pro bowler in 4 seasons there. Bill O’Brien ran that team into the dumpster. Will be interesting though as he has not played football in 2 years now. So he goes from one dumpster fire org to another. With constant questions reguarding his massages.😂
    I do find it very NFL like that he plays Houston his first game back from suspension.😂

28-26 record in his NFL career as a starter. There are a dozen qbs I would take over him to win an NFL game in 2022. This just wreaks of the Browns being the Browns.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Oh there are other QBs I would take as well. Not sure about a dozen but maybe. Throw out his rookie year where he didn’t start out of the gate his next two he was 11-5 and 10-5 before O’Brien killed them trading away there best offensive and defensive players. Maybe the best WR in the NFL at the time. The Texans were horrible before he got there. Who knows what he will be like now not playing for two years and all the demons that will follow. Plus he is in Cleveland where they have been looking for a QB for 30 years.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

The guys a creep. It’s a sick society when someone who behaves this way is rewarded with record breaking money and has millions of fans. I wish the ban was for life

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Meh…I have seen worse.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

should be out all year for being a sick FK. typical Cleveland to sign him after an injured Mayfield took them to the playoffs for the first time in a century or more.

this POS will have to get used to getting jumped by fans for the next 5 years. Take a peek at what the Jags fans did to him last week………good humor there!

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Already sat out a year. NFL has let murders, rapist, women beaters child beaters back in the league. Standard has already been set.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

thats why the Browns are the Browns. how stupid do you have to be to trade for a POS QB with un resolved legal matters looming in his future and sign him to an extension! just WOW. I hope the Brown turds get flushed like they do every year just for being so stupid…..i don’t even feel sorry for that level of stupidity

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

yep, probably a Sunday nite or Monday night game too! doah

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

First off he is a POS!

Second I cant believe they gave him that contract. He’s not even that good to deserve that contract. He had 1 solid year and the rest have been mediocre. The Browns really are a terrible franchise.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I tend to hold a grudge against POS players. I realize it doesn’t matter and I guess I should get over it but when I hear about abusers, liers, assaulters, etc. I tend to wish bad up on them their whole career and don’t want to see them succeed. Which is why for years, even though they’re a crazy fun team to watch, I wanted to see the Chiefs lose because Tyreek Hill seemed to abuse anyone in his close family. The problem with my thought process is, then….that you end up struggling for who to root for, because every team employs those less-than-stellar characters.

I still remember Ndamakan (I know that’s wrong) Suh and Marcus Vick stomping on players with their cleats, which is pretty BS and no amount of “caught up in the heat of the moment” can excuse that.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Maybe he will come back and tear it up when he returns?

While I do think that his behavior is unacceptable as a professional QB and simply as a person, if he serves his suspension and pays his settlement, he’s completed his punishment. Michael Vick was removed from football for a period of time and even spent time in prison for his involvement in dog fighting. He returned with the Eagles and was awarded comeback player of the year for it.

Watson isn’t Vick, but he has shown flashes of it.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

Vick has been a good example of a guy getting on a better path and becoming a better person. At this point I’m glad to see him doing well.

Maybe it’s been mentioned, but what are Calvin Ridley and his agent thinking as he sits out what, 16 or 17 games for betting on his team to win as part of a parlay?

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Ridley left the team for personal reasons before the gambling. Think he has some other issues to deal with.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

There are really some trash athletes in football arent there? I suppose its because they also have the largest rosters in professional sports, but man are there some real trash.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

There are really some trash athletes in football arent there? I suppose its because they also have the largest rosters in professional sports, but man are there some real trash.

Take a walk downtown anytown USA. There is some real trashy folks everywhere. I actually think the percentage of troubled football players isn’t all that bad for the amount of money they make and their age.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.