B.O. Update 14 Nov

• orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

Went out to BO today, got there around 10:30. What a great day for the middle of November. It has been two months since I was there last. Anyways down to specifics.
    Water Temp was 44.3 degrees plus or minus a few tenths around the lake.
    Clarity was better than the last time I was there.

I caught four eyes the smallest going a whopping 10″ and the largest being just over 18″ the other two were in the 15″ range.
    Caught em drifting using 1/8 ounce walleye flashers tipped with plastics.
    Tried to slow troll and cast some eyes up , but no luck there. The baitfish are definately schooled up and you can mark the predator fish around the schools of bait on your electronics. Gettin them to bite hehe well that is as we all know an exercise in frustration. I got off of the water just before 3 this afternoon. I know I probably should have stayed till the sun went down, but I got COLD!! Thats enough sniveling from me for now. Sorry no pics as I have yet to replace my digital camera that umm got wet.
    Good luck in the fields and on the water to all.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for sharing!

I was on P4 of the ‘sippi (MN/Wisc) and the temp was the same…giver take a couple tenths…

I was out from about the same times yesterday…and when I came back in…I kept telling myself…it’s not always about the “catchen”….

Thanks again for the sharing!

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

When it said B.O. Update I thought it was a BrianK fishing report.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Orion94- thanks for the update!! Sounds like a decent day for B.O. I’ve been wanting to get back out there and see if I can get into those walleyes again. That lake just drives me nuts. You can see all of the good quality fish on the finder but they have such an abundence of bait fish to eat. It’s hard to catch fish that aren’t hungry.
    We should get together and fish out there sometime!!

AHuff

Buddy of mine went out to B.O on Monday to catch some crappies off the remaining dock in front of marina & caught 1 crappie then moved to the south side of the dock & bobber goes under the lucky duck lands a fat 28 inch walleye was able to flop him in the boat with no net. By far his biggest eye going to mount it. Ill try to get a pic for you guys.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s an awsome bonus for crappie fishing!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks for the info! Someday I will fish that lake, I want to haul in a couple nice flatties…SOMEDAY!!!

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

Ben,
    I agree that lake is definatley one that will make you pull your hair out. You see all kinds of quality fish just hanging out around the bait fish but man making them bite is something else. Yes we should get together and fish that lake sometime.
    Catching a 28″ eye is a heck of a bonus anytime, I’ll bet it was fun on crappie gear gettin that one in the boat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.