Gull Lake Report 5/15-5/18

• stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

Time for the annual Gull Lake report. We had EXCELLENT weather for all days except Sunday. It started getting a bit windy and wet so most of us took the softer side of life and worked the morning bite but that was it.

Many areas of the lake and a couple new “secret” spots were discovered but the overall consensus is that the bite was tough all over. No real “hot zones”. The closest came on Friday night on the White House Bar. Several 24 to 28″ fish and as far as I know, all were released. It was a mighty large group up there so I couldn’t track everyone. Leeches on Lindy rigs was the most popular presentation. All the fish I personally produced came from crankin’ at dusk into the dark. The fish up around Grassy were all small. Biggest known catch was just shy of 15″ so it would appear the better quality fish are hanging somewhere else. Hayfield, Tower, Flagpole, White House, and Bow Tie all produced eater fish. Sandy Point was also full of small fish. I can’t say where……….because I don’t really know, but I can say that there are definitely ‘eyes present in the south end of the lake so it would appear some migratory activities are complete.

The most inconsistant part of the efforts is we were catching fish in water as shallow as 3′ and as deep and 35′ so they were pretty scattered!

Pike were active too but in low numbers and size.

Water temps were reading 57 to the north and 53 to the south so adjust accordingly.

Be sure to read the special regulations for Gull Lake before you head out on the water because there are some changes for the year.

Good luck!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.