crosby mine pits

• diggers
    Participant
    starbuck minnesota

has anyone fished or have info on the crosby mine pits.?

fishinallday
    Participant
    Montrose Mn

It’s been a while but what are you looking for? (Pike, trout?) Will you be in a boat?

diggers
    Participant
    starbuck minnesota

it would be from shore, and i would be after trout, i know fall time would be a better time, but was just wondering if anyone has been there lately with any luck.

Logan
    Participant
    Big Lake, MN

Yes, I graduated from Crosby and have fished most of them. Your best bet from shore would be Pennington, but your best option would be to call Lynn Harker who lives in Crosby (218)546-5509 and book a guide trip thru him. I do some guiding for Lynn also.
    Early in the spring you can fish from shore and they are near the surface, but now they are deeper, and I don’t know if shore fishing would be that good. Good Luck, Later.

diggers
    Participant
    starbuck minnesota

thanks for the info, is fall a better time to go?.

fishinallday
    Participant
    Montrose Mn

Yes it is. The later the better. Once the water begind to cool the fish will again begin to rise.

diggers
    Participant
    starbuck minnesota

thanks chriss, now i can pick a date on my calender.

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

How big to the trout get in those lakes?

Sully

fishinallday
    Participant
    Montrose Mn

Not a problem

Logan
    Participant
    Big Lake, MN

A 15 to 17 inch rainbow is pretty big. Most are smaller, but they sure put up a nice fight with light pound test. The DNR stocks these pits every year and I don’t think they will reproduce, so the best time is the first day of the season because they will be near the surface and there is more of them. Remember they don’t get much bigger during the year, so you can catch them in the fall, but not like the spring. In the early spring we will troll small floating raps, otherwise we will jig for them. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.