Brainerd/Baxter area

• JonathanTegeler
    Participant
    Manchester, Iowa

Hey every one, i was woundering how the bite is on the lakes up around the brainerd/ baxter area, me and my family aer hedding up there soon hoping to get into some crappies along with some bass and northern. So i figured id ask how the bite was up that way? thanks to all who post up

Jonathan

jighead-two
    Participant
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Haven’t heard anything, but good luck and have fun. Let us know how you did.

sliderfishn
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

The bite is good, really good.
    I was on Gull last weekend and the Bass are just finishing the spawn, so the small males are still on some nest.
    The sunfish are next and ready.
    I did not look for the crappies.
    The eye are biting anywhere from 4 to 40 feet.
    The water temps were around 65-68
    You can also look at the Brainerd area lake forum.
    Any other questions?

Ron

JonathanTegeler
    Participant
    Manchester, Iowa

have any hot colors or baits for the areas sliderfishn? thanks, Jonathan

sliderfishn
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

I did well on the bass on Sat with a 1/8 firetiger buzzbait. Sun the topwater bite died for me and it was a pro blue ringworm that did the trick.
    Took the kids out Sun afternoon and they caught sunnies on Gulp maggots and a bobber.
    All my fishing was done in the Grassy point channels. I fished a few hours each day, done by 9am, before the crowds and mayhem.
    I probably caught 40-50 bass total.

Ron

Steve Plantz
    Participant
    SE MN

I fished Pelican and Gull over the Holiday weekend, the walleye bite was slower than the opener but there are fish to be had. Stay on the move to find the active fish. Also check in with Jason at Sportland_Bait he should be able to point you in the right direction.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.