Cross Lake area

• SKEREEP
    Red Wing, MN

Hi,

I’m new to fishing the cross lake area and would like to hire a guide next summer to help me get started fishing the whitefish chain. My main goal for hiring the guide is personal education – not just a “fishing trip”. I’m wondering if anyone can recommend a guide who has a nack for getting someone going on new water.

I fished it a couple of days last year and had some success with pike and bass on Big Trout. I also spent a little time on upper whitefish and had a couple small eyes fall to a slip bobber at dusk.

I love exploring new water and figuring it out on my own, but with the infrequency of my trips up and the amount of water up there, it would take me a long time to become productive.

I’m interested in getting a “jumpstart” on the walleye, big pike, and keeper sized panfish for the family when we take the pontoon out.

Thanks,
    Scott

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I grew up on Dagget. I also know a lot of guides up in that area. I will talk to some of them in a few weeks. PM me as the season gets alittle closer and I will have some answers.

Ron

SKEREEP
    Red Wing, MN

Thanks Sliderfishn!

bp7135

I would be looking for a fair trade, if you are from the Red Wing area. I grew up on Cross and would like to learn the River…

Are you looking for eyes or bass? Do you tournament fish?

SKEREEP
    Red Wing, MN

bp –

That might work! I’m really looking for walleyes and panfish.

I don’t claim to be an expert on the river, but rarely go home skunked.

I don’t have any concrete dates for when I’ll be up next summer, but let’s keep in touch – maybe we can work something out.

Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.