Finally getting up for a little hard water

• patk
    Participant
    Nisswa, MN

After being stuck at work and in the cities, I’m finally getting back up for a little fishing. Assuming the cabin didn’t freeze earlier this month.

Sounds like I’ll get together with a couple of friends from the area. Maybe Hole-in-the-Day on Saturday. Who knows on Sunday?

Sure hope we pick up a couple eaters

If anyone has some current notes for depth, please pass it along. I’ll update when I get back.

Jasonerlandson
    Participant

18-24 feet has been best on Gull, but anglers have caught fish all of the way down to 45 feet. Mostly small fish. Shiners seem to be the best choice now. Good luck.

Jason Erlandson

patk
    Participant
    Nisswa, MN

Here’s the report. At least it was warm and the company was good. The fishing was pretty darn slow.

Saturday – 3 of us were out. for the main part of the afternoon we were in Hole in the Day pre-fishing the tournament site. The idea was to see if any fish were in teh deep water. We drilled about a dozen holes and poked around for three hours or so. Nothing, nada, zip.

Around 3:30’ish we moved a little ways away to be on the breakline from shallow down to 30. The spot was near Grandview. Less holes as we set up our portables for sunset. 1 perch, that’s it. We talked to guys in a couple wheel houses nearby. I house got one 11″ inch walleye and the other got a perch. Pretty darn slooowwwww.

We did catch a pickup in the last spot for karma. Helped a guy who was stuck as the snow made travel tough going in spots.

Sunday – Used the access off the Government landing and drove near Squaw point. Fished a series of holes on structure from 17-36 fow and one tip up. I was out from about 3-5:30pm. Two perch and one blue gill from hole hopping.

Pretty tough when you can’t find’em. The silver lining, now my expectations are perfectly set for this weekend’s Jaycee’s Extravaganza. Looking forward to good friends and no fish

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.