Gull Lake report

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

Was up visting family last weekend. Driving tubers on saturday but was planning on fishing sunday. Caught lots of rain and never bothered to go out.

Came up early this morning. Today’s plan was to help Dad get things ready for the winter and maybe get out for a bit before the rain. Task 1 done, work got in the way of everything else. Rain is now the active report again.

Tomorrow will be dynamite, I know it Unless work gets in the way, going to give it a fair go with a buddy. I’ll post back if we have any luck.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Caught all my biggest fish in the rain, hope you brought the suit! Good luck I’ll be looking for your results.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Brought the rain suit this time but I’ve been working since 1pm. Hence the posting as a distraction from work. got a couple hours then I’m back online working again.

outta here and hopefully my next posting will be about fishing.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Got out sunday by skipping the Vikes game. The upside was that we missed the 7 turnover debacle. The downside was very little success.

Weather – the Weather front that came through on Saturday brought colder temps and over an inch of rain. Wind switched to the east and switched back to North about the time we went out.

Water temp – 66

Techniques – trolled crankbaits on the weed edge of steep breaks. Tried to stay at 14-17fow but occasionally strayed off the break. No luck
    Live bait – bought crawlers and forget them on the counter at home
    Pitched or bounced jigs with moxies – couple bass and sunnies
    Casted crankbaits – two bass of no real note

Can’t say we made much of an effort and I’m still only getting started learning the lake. May have just been post-front slow or something else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.