Pelican Lake

• Zach H

Anyone know if pelican lake by breezy point produces quality walleye? Headed up there this weekend for 7 days and looking to spend a majority of my time on the lake.

briansmude

Some claim its a great walleye lake. I don’t fish for gravel carp so I can’t say for sure. But seriously it is great for walleyes.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I have caught my limit off that lake dozens of times. You have to know where to go though. I would say to try some of the rock piles or the north and east shoreline. I haven’t heard any reports off the lake yet this year but it is a solid producer of walleye.

It is a hard lake to learn and many people have piled their boats up on the rocks/sand bars so make sure you know where you are going.

Zach H

If a guy has a GPS you should be able to navigate just fine right?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes and no. That lake has claimed a few lower units.
    Be careful of big winds fishing in 6′ of water and 4′ chop with 3′ rocks do not mix. I have watch people hung up on those rocks a few times in the past years.

The lake can be very good almost crazy good for eater size walleyes. I have spent a bit of time cutting my teeth on learning how to catch walleye on the lake.

This spring was a tough bite up there so far. Great bass and pike action though.

Zach H

I have spent a good portion of my time this week looking for quality walleyes but have fallen short. Came to conclusion I either am terrible at fishing this lake or the bite just wasn’t there. Talking to local bait shops, it sounds like the bite was very slow. Going home with my tail between my legs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.