Brainerd Jaycee this weekend, don't forgot your bump boards

• Charles

Yeah S&W has them for $30 each, other than that good luck finding them, I checked cabelas, gander, scheels & fleet farm if you don’t have one your kind of screwed.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Do you need a specific board or do they let you use any name brand?

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

any commercial kind

Coletrain27

Bump board rules

Attachments:
    1. D486ECE0-5C2D-4883-893A-91F28D83C662.jpeg

patk
    Nisswa, MN

At least as of Tuesday Scheel’s in St. Cloud had the 35″ model. Wanna guess how I knew coffee They are pretty hard to find right now.

Next week, like new bump board that never touched a fish may show up in the classfieds rotflol

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I didn’t realize this many people weren’t using a measuring board. I’ve kept one with me for 22 years. How the heck are people measuring fish if they don’t have a measuring board?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

So will my Northland tackle aluminum board with there yellow sticker be allowed? It meets the commercially made part of the rules but it is a sticker on a piece of aluminum?

Charles

I didn’t realize this many people weren’t using a measuring board. I’ve kept one with me for 22 years. How the heck are people measuring fish if they don’t have a measuring board?

Ruler side of my boat lol..

Coletrain27

So will my Northland tackle aluminum board with there yellow sticker be allowed? It meets the commercially made part of the rules but it is a sticker on a piece of aluminum?

Rules say it has to have a 90 degree bend on the end

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I don’t see why not? I don’t know what the big deal is since it is a random draw for prizes. At least that is the way I understood it? Your biggest fish of each species is what you register.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m guessing that they want everything to be universally done one way. Its a lot easier to see how big a fish is (especially in a photo) if there’s a fence at the front because you can easily see that the snout is pushed up against it. I could see why they don’t want “do it yourself” measuring devices.

I know that in kayak tournaments they require the use of a hawg trough, and I don’t think anything else is acceptable.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Meanwhile, earlier today…

Attachments:
    1. 219B40A2-EC7B-41B6-9A48-94786758CB9E.png

Charles

I wonder if they got bombarded with questions about them , they are also allowing folding boards.

Charles

So what is the correct way to measure with a tape measure.

Tape on the ground and fish on top or fish on the ground and tape on top of it?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I interpret it as use it like a bump board so fish on top. Maybe snap both to cover yourself?

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

I interpret it as use it like a bump board so fish on top. Maybe snap both to cover yourself?

That’s what I was thinking also submit the video, just to be on the safe side.

So Sizes to win.

Crappie 14″
    Walleye 28″
    Sun Fish ?
    tullibee ?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So Sizes to win.

Crappie 14″
    Walleye 28″
    Sun Fish ?
    tullibee ?

Northern Pike 40″

I’m not partaking in this but it will be interesting to see if some of these very large sizes are met tomorrow. Do they post the lake where its caught too or just the name and size of the fish?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

To me the way they’ve defined the rules it’s basically a pike contest to get in the lottery for the 150 prizes. Theoretically you could win the big fish prize for a sunfish and still be outside the top 500 for total length. So I bought some medium sized sucker minnows and made a few quick strike rigs last night for tip ups.

per the official website and posted rules:
    3.3 Prizes will be awarded as follows: Each eligible participant’s longest fish will be entered into the contest. Upon certification of the final results, 500 spots on the leaderboard will be filled with the longest fish. The 150 prizes will be scattered on the leaderboard with 150 total prizes. Longest fish entered into the contest will go from 1 to 500 (1 being the longest and 500 being the 500th longest).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.