Brainerd Area Report 1/18/15

• Nick Miltimore
    Brainerd Minnesota

It’s been a busy week/weekend here in the Brainerd/Nisswa Area for me. I’ve spent most of my week on Gull Lake with the exception of a couple days I bounced around looking for crappies. The walleye bite was good this week with it really kicking in Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I iced over 25 walleyes on Friday alone. I found some fish up shallower in 16-19 FOW at the start of the week and then again on Saturday but most of the week I fished them deep in 25-40 FOW. Especially during the day time. Jigging a Northland UV Spoon was the ticket for me and produced the majority of my fish but a Rapala Jigging Shad Rap was also good. Saturday was the only day they preferred live bait and wanted a shiner over a spoon or Jigging Rap. I would carry both if your coming up fishing. Evenings seemed to remain better than mornings all week as well. Good luck to all fishing the Extravaganza next weekend. I will unfortunately not be able to attend as I will be working for Larson Boats at the Minneapolis Boat Show.

Nick Miltimore

riverruns
    Inactive

Nick, I sent you a PM. Thanks.
    Shawn

Nick Miltimore
    Brainerd Minnesota

Good Luck Shawn! I sent you a reply.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Nick – thanks for the reports! I’ll be up a day early for the tourney. Hopefully I’ll snag one of those walleyes you’re referring to:)

riverruns
    Inactive

Good Luck Shawn! I sent you a reply.

Hats off to Nick for all the help!
    Shawn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.