July 4th at Bowstring

• shoot_n_release
    Participant
    Mora, MN

Mallard Militia, myself, and the significant others are heading up to Bowstring from 7/4 – 7/8. I’ve never fished the lake, so any info would be appreciated. Information on nearby lakes would also be appreciated. Thanks,

Lars

slayer
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Here you go. Post a report when you get back!!!

Bowstring is a good lake and these are the spots that usually produce for me. For walleyes we use minnows, leeches or crawlers, about three feet from the bottom with a floating jig head (Phelps Floaters or just a hook, colored hooks such as pink are hot). I have caught them in deep as 20 feet. The northerns love white spinner baits and for crappies use a small pink jig head with a white twister tail with a piece of crawler if needed along with a bobber. Trolling crank baits silver/blue, perch colored, crawdad color, and fire tiger work great size no. 7. Good Luck!!! Post a report when you get back.

shoot_n_release
    Participant
    Mora, MN

I appreciate it, Slayer!

Lars

Bill Marty
    Participant
    Bloomington,MN

I fish Bowstring around the opener and we fish all the shoreline spots. The spots I would hit now would be the north side humps using a crawler or leech. Get a good map and those humps should be marked on there. There are alot that you will stumble onto also. Another try would be the area arould northern Acres on the NW side. There is a area that goes from 5to20FOW quickly.

slayer
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Well, how did you do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.