Snow?

• Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Heading to Bowstring/Round next weekend and hear there was A LOT of snow on the ice making travel with wheels very difficult. We had heard about a tournament this weekend and thought there might be some plowed roads on the ice. Anybody hear of this, or can offer a report?

Thanks!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the only tourney i may know about might be the perch jerk on sqwuaw, or now called round lake. not sure if thats the one but………..from what i am hearing and reading the only roads right now are on winnie thru highbanks. there might be one out of one of the resorts on the north end of bowstring. best i can do for ya.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

There was a perch jerk on Pokegama this weekend and another perch jerk on Dunbar, didn’t hear of one on Round not that there wasn’t one.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Aside from a lot, how much snow are we looking at? Can ATV get around, or is it sled only?

Thanks!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

based on reports from winnie, which is snowmobile travel ONLY once off plowed roads i’d bet bowstring is the same. as well those reports have a lot of slush involved.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Was up there last weekend and travel on the lake without a sled is difficult at best. 8″ of snow on top of 12″ of slush sitting on the ice. Every other step was breaking through snow crust and hitting water. Knee-high boots were a must. Got a wet foot the first day and stayed with taller boots the rest of the weekend. Just moving 30 ft was a chore. Managed 25 keepers, but a far cry from our limits last year.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

25 what???????? curious is all.

have a co-worker who HAD his house out on bowstring pretty much echoed the same conditions……….with waist high snow in the woods!!!

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Perch. Are there any other fish in there? Plenty of annoying slimers to break you off.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

there are walleyes and crappies also. just gotta find them as far as them slimers………….you can keep 9 22 and under……..great for picklin!!!!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.