Bowstring water level/boat ramp conditions?

• Brian Offerdahl
    Participant

I heard the water is low on Bowstring and that launching a boat could be an issue. I am headed up this weekend with my wife and another couple to fish. It is a 4 hour drive to get there and I want to make sure I am able to launch my boat. Does anyone have any idea on the ramp conditions there? I will be in a Crestliner Fish and Ski 1750. Thanks for the input in advance! I just want to be able to plan on Bowstring, or plan to go somewhere else if Bowstring will be an issue.

I have attached a picture of my boat with its new wrap.

Attachments:
    1. boat.jpg

Allan Davis
    Participant
    Carlton, MN

i would call bowstring shores resort 218 832 3101

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Let us know. I’ll be right next to you on Sand lake.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

be on sand hopefully Friday am!!!! actually little sand. my brother couldn’t use the DNR acess had to give the anchor inn 10 bucks to launch there!!!!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

as far as boat landings, I heard the best bet on bowstring is the south access!! I will or may be trying the north end! story is boats on rollers have a chance others don’t on bigger boats!!!!

Tim Bossert
    Participant
    Cochrane, WI

Love the new wrap. Lost my brother in 2005 over there.

Mocha
    Participant
    Park Rapids

Love the new wrap. Lost my brother in 2005 over there.

Sorry for your losing your brother! That is a great boat wrap!!!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

spent 8 plus hours on little sand with no eyes and 5 snot rockets to show for it. couldn’t get thru the channel to get to big sand.i called bowstring shores they’d let ya launch but they seemed funny about it with them saying people taking boats out sunday. well that 205 chance of rain ended up to be over an inch sunday morning so never did get to bowstring.

doogymd
    Participant
    Adams MN

heading to Sand at the end of the month for 3 days , never been on it . Always Bowstring for 25 yrs . Got any advise for walleyes? Drops ,Point, etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.