Bowfishing for Carp in the Twin Cities Area

• boone
    Woodbury, MN

I got my son a 35# bowfishing recurve for his birthday. I’m looking for some advice on where we might find some carp on the surface that we could target. I’ve seen some guys going out in the evenings with the big boats with all the lights and generators and fishing after dark but we don’t have that set up so I’m looking to find them during the day. We might be able to use headlamps and a spot light if night bowfishing is so much better than during the day.

During high waters I’ve found carp on the surface in the backwaters of the Mississippi but now the river is dropping pretty fast so I don’t know if that would be a good place to look. Would lakes be better? We live in the east side of the Twin Cities so maybe some local lakes might hold some carp. I talked to one guy at the bow shop that said he did well on White Bear but that was in early May.

Thanks for any advice.

Boone

WSAF
    Western WI

Every time we walk the trails in Harrison Park along Nine Mile Creek in Bloomington, we stop at the dam and watch the carp swimming around. Never bow-fished for them though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.