Bow Mount Helix 7

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

What size do I need to handle this when on the bow? How well will this work: https://www.scheels.com/p/ram-drill-down-double-ball-mount-for-humminbird-helix-7/79344294857.html?cgid=all#start=2 Wouldn’t think twice at the helm but not sure about traveling in waves.

Interested in Ram mounts as the are removable. That means stuff like the Cisco mounts are out but open to other options. For traveling I need to have a clean gunwale in order for the cover to fit well. I do have the Alumatrac system and hoping I can adapt whatever sonar mount to one of those brackets.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

The RAM mount should work just fine. If you’re going to mount it on the floor, when you go to travel in big waves, just adjust the unit so it’s in contact with the deck of the boat so it cannot slam into the deck when driving.

Ripjiggen

Yeah the one you have a link to should be just fine.

Fred Garvin

I have Cisco at the console and on the deck of the bow.
    Very solid, and don’t move in any conditions.
    Easily removed if needed.
    I’ve used the RAM and Johnny Ray’s in the past.

dave topitzhofer

How did this end up working for you patk? Where did you mount it on the bow? I just bought a helix 9 to replace the 7 on my console and am moving the 7 to the bow. Looking for recommendations. I’m thinking of using the same mount you put in the link.

Umy
    South Metro

I am late to this but I always tilt my bow mount down onto a throwable floating cushion so it doesn’t bounce hard on anything – same when I travel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.